Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Some People Suck

The stereo was stolen out of Tripp's truck last night. The thing is 15 years old! Yeah, it's a detachable face, CD player, but it was a birthday gift for my 17th birthday!! How much could the silly thing be worth? I have anger pulsing through me right now. I just want to scream! Why are people so flippin' selfish ?

It doesn't look like forced entry. I was the last one to drive Tripp's truck. I can't remember if I locked it or not when I got home.

This is the 2nd time this very stereo has been stolen. The first time, we lived in Washington. The stereo was in our '85 Chevy Blazer. Some inexperienced stereo thief broke the lock on the door and popped the detachable face off, but left the rest of the stereo. They also took Tripp's huge case of CDs -- Christian CDs. Maybe they actually listened to the music. Maybe they got saved because of it. Maybe...

I will try to get over my anger at people who suck and try to earnestly pray for the person/people who did this. It's not a big deal in the scheme of crimes committed on a daily basis in our world. It's just annoying.

I'll tell you what I'm so thankful for though. We left our van out in the driveway because while Tripp is working on the bathroom, the kids have been playing in the garage so there are toys all over the place. Last night, I went out to the van to get my Bible study bag out. The van was unlocked and the keys were in the ignition!! So I'm very thankful that the Lord prompted me to go out and get my Bible study bag or we probably would've woken up to a stolen minivan, not just a stolen stereo.

Lord, I pray that the person who stole the stereo. I don't know why they did it, but I pray that they would turn to you. I pray that this person could find peace in turning their life over to you and stop committing crimes. Thank you, Lord that I can see a bright side. My anger is dissipating as I pray these words. Thank you, Lord.

7 comments:

Meredith said...

Love you. Praying for you!

Brooke said...

how wonderful that you can praise God for the little things that He prompts you to do, to keep something big (like a stolen car) from happening. :)

Tiffany said...

Sorry your truck got broken into. That does stink.

Michelle said...

Oh, how frustrating! I do hope you recover the stereo. Some people just make me so sad....

And thank you so much for coming to visit my blog. Today has been so much fun and so lovely to see the response and fun comments. I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed my blog and come back to visit soon!

Audrey said...

Sorry to hear about that, praying for your peace and thankful you still have your minivan!

Dee said...

So sorry!

When our suburban got broken into, I just felt violated! Be thankful that the door wasn't locked and the window didn't get broken...that's what happened to us.

Praying the Lord will bless you with another stereo.

Megan said...

Ugh, so annoying! Sorry it got stolen. And phew! Glad you went out to get your Bible study bag. You would really be having a not so good day if you had woken up to no vehicle in the driveway. Eek!