Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Me Monday


Welcome to "Not Me Monday"! This fun little dealie was started by MckMamma. Go check out her "Not Me's" after you read mine.


At "Muffins With Mom" in Ryan's Kindergarten class, he did not, when asked what is your mom's favorite thing to do, say, "play computer games"! Apparently, he thinks that emailing, blogging, blog-lurking, and putting together my grocery list is, in fact, playing computer games.

I did not cry when it became apparent that, in order to figure out how cut $1,000 out of our monthly expenses, we will have to not just cut back on the home phone/t.v./internet services we receive, but in fact, get rid of them all together. As well as my beloved Jazzercise. *sniff, sniff, dabs at eyes just thinking about it again*

I did not throw away perfectly good collard greens that came in my produce basket from the co-op I'm a part of because I haven't a clue as to what to do with them. And I was not too lazy to actually search a recipe website to find one with said leafy green because I'm pretty sure that my family will all turn their noses up at it and I will have wasted time searching for a recipe and preparing the dish.

I have not been spraying Afrin up my nostrils everyday for the past 5 days even though I know that you shouldn't use it prolonged but I just want to be able to breathe!!

I did not fill a prescription for my son that he doesn't need just in order to use a coupon to receive a $30 gift card to Safeway to fuel my Starbuck's addiction.

I did not get really excited when Safeway's ad last week had a coupon on the back for a FREE tall tea at their in-store Starbuck's. I did not grab 10 extra ads the next time I was there only to forget them in the cart and upon realizing this make a special trip to Safeway with all 3 kids just to grab more ads!

And speaking of the FREE aforementioned beverage, I did not promise my kids bagels Saturday morning after picking up our produce from the co-op with the selfish underlying reason of wanting to use one of those coupons for a FREE tall tea. Not only that, but once I filled the unneccesary prescription for my son, let my kids choose their bagels and then pay for said items (with that ever loving Safeway gift card!), did I notice that the person who had served me my first beverage was no longer there and it was a new person -- I absolutely DID NOT use another coupon for another free beverage before leaving the store. I just would not do that. I don't love free things that much that I would abuse the fine print of the coupon which clearly states, "Limit one coupon per visit." And now that it is Monday, I am not already planning the next day and a half that I have left to use up the coupons before they expire tomorrow!

I need help, people.


7 comments:

Meredith said...

Yes, you do. Love you too!

Momof3 said...

That is so funny. Great not me stories!

Megan said...

LOL So funny! Love that you did NOT get multiple FREE Starbucks teas and are NOT planning on more! heehee

I wouldn't have a clue what to do with collard greens either and I'd likely stick my nose up at them too. :0P

Thanks for visiting and de-lurking. =)

Heather said...

Those were brilliant!

Jessica said...

You have got some cute kiddos! Come check out my giveaway!


http://therussocorner.blogspot.com/2009/01/kid-giveaway.html

Sheelagh said...

Hi Amy. Fun Not Me's. Thanks for the comment over on my site. I just had to come check you out...what a beautiful family you have! I just might have to become a loyal blog fan on Dawdlebug. ;-)

Julie D. said...

those are awesome, amy. btw...i checked out your friends cupcake site. oh my---her cupcakes sound AWESOME! My parents live an hour from Santa Barbara. Maybe they'll have to pick some up! ;)