Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Remodel Begins

Okay, this is probably going to be a really boring post, but I don't really have anything exciting to share with you right now. Nothing funny like my friend Trish who just posted a hilarious story about something her husband did. And I'm not very good at Not Me Monday posts like my friend Mere is. Nor can I brag about my potty trained child like my friend Dee. So this is what you get. Terribly unexciting pictures of our bathroom demo. Can you stand it? Hold on to your hats, here we go!

This is the vanity that is in our bedroom. It will come out and go in the new bathroom addition, with a different counter top. A window will go where the mirror is (which will look out to our backyard) and this area will become my "sitting area" with a couple of comfy chairs. I envision it as my sanctuary. I want to curl up with my coffee and some good reading material! Whether that's my Bible study, a good fiction novel or just my People magazine!

The picture above and below is the current toilet/shower area. This is the area that Tripp demo-ed the other day. I love my "garden" shower, though it took some getting use to, to shower in front of a window. But I love the natural light that pours in. It's like I can sunbathe while showering!


Do you like Tripp's "work bench"?

Here is the demo-ed toilet/shower room. It's already been a challenge to share one bathroom between 4 toilet trained people! Casey was "taking care of business" at the same time that Ryan really had to go. So I told him to just go outside in the corner of our backyard in the bushes. Problem solved.
So that's it. I can't wait for it to be done. Tripp says it'll take just 2 weeks. I couldn't believe he said that with a straight face. Why don't we go ahead and just say 2 months instead. A bit more realistic!

2 comments:

Dee said...

Oh I love remodel jobs when it's not at my house. Can't wait to see the final, end result.

Hang in there baby!
A window in front of the shower, mmmmmmm! That's quite a show for your neighbors....kidding! :#)

Trish said...

How fun!!
I too love watching remodel projects as long as they are taking place in someone else's house.

Keep the pics coming.

And it is absolutely positively perfectly fine for little boys to pee in the back yard!!! Mine do it all the time.......


ps, thanks for the fun shout out!