Not that I'm excited about it or anything! But tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to the Bay Area ALL ALONE . Don't get me wrong - I love my kids and husband. But sometimes, a mom just needs to get away. I actually wish that my husband could come with me, but someone's gotta tend our flock! So I will enjoy a visit to my dad and step-mom's and help celebrate her birthday (but don't tell her, it's a surprise!). I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog! What I look forward to the most are 2 nights of uninterrupted sleep. I will lay my head down on that pillow on the new sleep number bed my dad just put in my step-sister's old room (I can't wait to find out what sleep number I am!) and fall into sleepy blissfulness knowing that I will not awake to a crying 18 month old or a disoriented 3 1/2 year old telling me "his breath hurts" or a 5 1/2 year old who is often ready to get out of bed at 5:30 these days. Ahh, a little piece of heaven, right there. That, and dark chocolate covered mini pretzels from Trader Joe's.
Tripp was hard at work on the bathroom today, but I haven't taken any pictures because he's just been working on the plumbing. I'll take some pictures when I get back.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh I hope you have a fabulous time!
Have fun!!! Call me if you get lonely!
Fun, fun, fun!
Can't wait to hear about your weekend.
Sleep girl, sleep!
oh that sounds wonderful. I'm jealous!
Thank you for stopping by on my SITS day last week...I love all the comments and felt very appreciated. Sorry it has taken me so long to share bloggy love back!
Post a Comment