Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom

Mary Margaret O.
(1948-2007)


This is my mom. Today would have been her 61st birthday. So I'm doing a little tribute to her today. She was a daughter, a sister, a mother, a grandmother and countless people called her friend, including me. Our boys called her "Mimi".
She ADORED her grandkids. They brought her such joy. We lived in Washington and she lived in California, but she came to visit regularly. Our boys adored their Mimi.







This picture was taken the last time she came to visit us.
Dear Lord, it seems that you brought my mom home too soon because she was so vibrant and full of life and had so much to live for. But I will not question your will. Thank you that she accepted your gift of grace in receiving Your Son just 14 months before you called her home. I miss my mom so much but You needed her to come home. I have immense peace in knowing that I will see her again someday. Help me, Lord, to preserve her memory so that my kids will always know how much they meant to their Mimi. Ryan asked if she was having a birthday party in heaven. I hope she is.


Happy Birthday, Mom.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

What a nice tribute, Amy. Thanks for sharing!

Trish said...

Wow, she was so young.
What a beautiful tribute and ho reassuring to know that you will see her again someday.

Praying peace for you as you remember her.

Dee said...

What a beautiful tribute to you mom! How peaceful to know that you will see her some day.

Vee Vignettes said...

Loved what you wrote about your Mom and the pics are beautiful. What you just posted on your blog about her is a great way to preserve her spirit. I will pray the Lord continues to reveal what you need to do to talk about her and share how wonderful Mimi was to your kiddos.