Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Me and power tools don't jive

Do you ever get and idea in your head and you just need to do right then and there and you can't wait? Well that's what I was doing tonight, at 9:45. I had just put Emily to bed, but the boys were still up - hey, it's summer, they can stay up later, right? Does it really matter that they were up until 10pm last night too because of our pool party? Nah! Hopefully they sleep in a bit tomorrow!

Anyway, I bought a curtain for my closet window because just like I didn't like showering in front of a window at night, now I really don't enjoy changing in front of one. I put up sheer curtains to difuse the sunlight during the day, but I wanted something thick to cover the window at night. Here's a picture of my sheer curtains, being help up by a simple tension rod that doesn't need the use of power tools to put up - that's my kind of rod!
My first attempt at hanging the curtain rod, failed miserably! I put it about 4 inches too low!

So I got it right the 2nd time, but that drill is heavy and awkward for me to use! My arms would get tired of holding it up there and the screw kept slipping. I was so frustrated! But here are 2 pictures of what it looks like after I finished:

Please ignore the brown paint on the ceiling. I painted this room and I like to leave my mark.

Now I can actually change in my closet at night and not worry about anyone being able to see in! Mind you, who would really see in? We now have locks on both our gates and this window looks out at an enclosed "garden" (there's just a rubber tree plant in there) in our backyard. But just because of the slim chance that someone would hop our fence, come into the backyard and then figure out how to see into this "garden" area...you just never know. And after what happened 2 and a half weeks ago, I'm overly cautious.

On another note, Emily is proud of her toes because she sat still long enough for me to polish them! She will walk up to people and hold up her foot and say "pretty toe!" We have matching toes:


And on yet another note, tomorrow at 5pm we are picking out our new Boxer! Well, it'll be new to us. We aren't getting a puppy. We're wanting a dog that is 2-3 years old. So I may have pictures of our doggie up tomorrow night!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Pretty pretty toes indeed!!! Pretty enough to make Ella stop crying and take notice! Can't wait to "meet" your new puppy!

Megan said...

Good job on hanging the curtain! You did exactly what I would've done. LOL And I totally agree. Way weird to change in front of an open window whether anyone can see in or not.

The little piggies are adorable! =)

Kelli said...

You are a good one because I don't know that I could do the power tools. I should try though. Nice paint on the ceiling...Rondell does the same thing. Oh, we're painting our bath. I did decide on asparagus and I love it. It's such a small space so it's not too bright. I'll show pictures soon. Thinking of you in Ohio! And the toes are to die for!