Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Lesson In "Eminese"

Emily will be 2 on Friday. Lately she is just talking up a storm! She is talking so much more than either of the boys did at this age. I'm not sure if that is a girl thing or a 3 third child thing or maybe a combo of both ;-). Here are a few of her most common terms with a translation (a lesson in Eminese, if you will):

"go foop ina fotty" go poop in the potty (though she doesn't, she just likes to sit on the potty)
"Bob da beedo, WEE-WAH!" Bob the Builder, yes he can!
"boo-woo-woo goggy" woof-woof doggy
"beety" what she says when she wants some Pirate's Booty
"nah" snack
"ng-ow" milk
"dit dess" get dressed
"weed boo ah me" read a book to me
"wah-woo" this can mean either water or sunglasses
"Yah-yee" Ryan
"Dee-dee" Casey
"Numanuh" Emily
"Nee" Nan (what she calls Tripp's mom)
"him" swim
"bee-bee" baby

Now that you're fluently speaking Eminese, let's move on. These pictures I took while doing a trial run for her 2 year professional pictures. Emily's hair has natural ringlets but on the top of her head, her hair is stick straight. So I bought some sponge rollers to see how they would work to make more uniform curls.

I gave her a toothbrush and she sat there and let me roll up her hair. And amazingly enough, she even left the rollers in!
The rollers did the trick! I didn't style it for the trial run, but I did try on her dress and fancy shoes that she'll wear. She wouldn't let me take the shoes off.
So this was her outfit for the day. She was done with me taking her picture. Can you tell?




1 comment:

Kelli said...

Look at that sweet girl. SO adorable and I love the curls. Jamison is the same way with her "black shoes". She wants to wear them all the time. She has quite the vocabulary too!