



I just had to add this great picture of Emily that Ryan took!
And after her bath, she did the preverbial "roll around in the grass" thing that freshly bathed dogs always do!
We had not heard Lucy Bella make a peep in the 2 days we'd had her. But I'd heard that this is common. This morning we had 2 guys coming to install our new pool pump. I had the door open in the laundry room with the security screen closed. I was in the kitchen and heard Lucy growl. I went in the laundry room to see what she was growling at and there a man standing at the door. As I approached, she barked! Her first word :-) I praised her and told her what a good dog she is! That is exactly what we want her to do when strangers come to our door. What a good dog!


4 comments:
She is beautiful!! I hope she is a wonderful dog for you...who knew that that "easter basket dog" in your family picture at the top of your blog would turn into a real one by the end of the year :).
Great news! I'm glad that she is working out well for you...sounds like she's a great protector but gentle at the same time!
Good to hear that she'll bark at strangers! Looks like she really enjoyed her bath! =)
She is such a beautiful dog! Before we got Maverick...I always said I'd love to get a boxer. Now, we are totally in love with ridgebacks, though. One thing you'll love is her short hair. It dries quickly and doesn't shed as much...that's one thing we love about Maverick as well! :-)
Post a Comment