June 1st will always be a day that I will remember. June 1, 1980 is when my mom and dad got married (I was almost 3 at the time). They told me that they chose this date so that it would be easy to remember their anniversary. I'm not sure why June 1st would be easy to remember. You don't see it on the calendar until you actually flip the page from May to June. Most people don't usually flip the calendar until a day or so into the next month! I actually remember a time when I was in high school and one of my best friends, Carrie, called and said, "tell your parents happy anniversary for me!" I ran out to tell my dad, "did you remember that it's you and mom's anniversary today?" He looked at me and said, "Oh! Well, #%&@, call the florist!" They had both forgotten, so no harm done :-)
Unfortunately, their marriage ended several years later and June 1st would no longer be a significant day. That is, until 2007.
June 1, 2007 is the day that my mom went home to be with Jesus. So today, I miss her imensely. But I celebrate her home coming! I hope that she is celebrating this day too, up in heaven! I love you mom. I miss you.
Unfortunately, their marriage ended several years later and June 1st would no longer be a significant day. That is, until 2007.
June 1, 2007 is the day that my mom went home to be with Jesus. So today, I miss her imensely. But I celebrate her home coming! I hope that she is celebrating this day too, up in heaven! I love you mom. I miss you.
This is the last picture I ever took with my mom. It was my babyshower for Emily, May 19, 2007.
3 comments:
Praying for you as you remember your mom today. I remember your baby shower and your mom seemed like such a beautiful woman. It's wonderful that you will get to see her one day in heaven.
I'm praying for you today my friend...I know it can't be an easy day! I love you and am so glad that you will get to see your mom in heaven!
I can so relate to your heart ache about missing your mom.
Praying that you will feel that special hug from the Lord's angels tonight.
Post a Comment