Yesterday morning, he's watching cartoons right after he woke up and he says, "Oh my goodness, Mama!"
Me: "What, Ryan?" (not sure what he's so excited about)
Ryan: "My tooth is just hanging by a thread!"
Me: "Let me see!"
Ryan pulls his lip down to show me and I instantly get the "heeby-jeebies".
Me: "Can I pull it out for you?" (knowing the answer before I even ask it)
Ryan: "No!"
So for the rest of the day, he is talking funny and really playing with it with his tongue. In the afternoon, the kids were having their snack (chocolate chip granola bar) and Ryan goes into the bathroom because he says he's got something stuck in his tooth. I followed him in there and opens his mouth to look in the mirror and his tooth is gone! I gasped and said, "where's your tooth?" Thinking he had pulled it out and was holding it.
He shrugs. "What do you mean you don't know?!" I asked him. "Did you eat it with your granola bar?" "I think so," Ryan says. I was so bummed! He ate his tooth! His first tooth! I won't be able to tape it into his scrapbook or have a picture of him holding his precious little baby tooth. Dang it! But I did get these pictures:
I called my friend who has a son who's lost several teeth already and asked her, (since Ryan was listening) "How will the toothfairy know that Ryan lost his tooth if he ate it?" She had a great idea: have Ryan write the toothfairy a letter and draw a picture of his tooth. Perfect! A little lesson in letter writing and a great solution to our problem. So Ryan wrote a letter.
6 comments:
Yeah Ryan!!!!! Jamison lost her first tooth too. She went to the bathroom and when she came back it was gone. Ryan writes very well by the way.
Oh man! Can't believe he swallowed it!
Anna has that exact same tooth loose right now.
When I lost my first tooth, I was in the hospital. My mom put it in a jello container, then we went for a walk down the hall. When we came back, the housekeeper had thrown it away! Amazingly, the toothferry found that one as well!
so cute! great letter idea!
He swallowed it and didn't even know it!
toothless boys are THE cutest!
Why don't you see if you can catch that tooth on the flip side???
Oh no! Haha! The letter is so cute! Have you already told him to make sure he doesn't eat his second tooth? :0P
Post a Comment