Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Paint Wars!

Tripp informed me that I had to choose paint because he was going to be ready to paint this weekend. The problem was that I still had not decided on artwork for the wall and obviously I can't choose paint until I have art to match the paint to! The other problem is that I was supposed to go scrapbook Friday night and all day on Saturday. He told me of needing the paint Friday afternoon. I love how he gives me so much notice to do such things. He claims he told me this a few days ago, but he didn't communicate that in a way that I heard "I will begin painting on Saturday". I just heard him say that he thought he could finish things up in about 11 days. Anyway, that is neither here nor there! The point is that I had to quickly choose something to hang on the wall. So Friday before going to scrapbook, I stopped by my beloved Home Goods store and riffled through their random artwork. Nothing was catching my attention. I found a few things that were okay, but I didn't want to settle for anything. I finally stumbled across some hand painted canvases.
This is what I decided on:

Here is a close up:
I was trying to get close enough so you could see the texture. I don't know much about art and painting, but I think the artist used some kind of oil based paint and he applied it really thick and chunky so it has great texture. Anyway, I just love the picture I am going to hang it above the bathtub so I can see it while I soak and pretend that it is my view :-) Don't you just want to be there, wherever it is?

So bright and early on Saturday morning, we all went down to Home Depot (before my scrapbook thing started back up at 9am) and got the paint. The color I chose is called "asparagus". I'm not very good at choosing paint. I always second guess myself once it gets on the walls. I'm afraid that this color is a little too green. I tried to take a picture of it, but this really doesn't do it justice. I'll take another picture once we have a second coat of paint on it.

Tripp and I stayed up late, after the kids went to bed and painted. He did the cut in work and I rolled it on. Here is where our paint wars begin. We were having a great time painting together and talking about different things. And he made some sarcastic comment (I know, SO out of character, for those of you who know my husband!!) so I tapped him with the roller. He threatened that I better stop or it was "going to be on". We continued painting and talking and low and behold, another sarcastic comment came out of my husbands mouth, which required me to tap him again with my roller. His threats continued. So when all the paint was gone (we need a couple more gallons because we didn't even finish), I just had this uncontrollable urge to roll Tripp's back with my paint roller! It was just such a clean slate, I couldn't help myself. Well, that was it, it was on! We got each other good! Unfortunately, Tripp mercilesly got it in my hair!! So not fair. Then to add insult to injury, he sprayed me with the hose when I came outside to clean up! It was 11:45pm and I'm outsided screaming as he's spraying me with the hose! Here is what we looked like when all was said and done:

I had paint all over my arms, my pants, even my stomach! But I made Tripp take this picture from the chest up because I was bra-less in a wet t-shirt!!

I'll need to wash my hair again today, because I still have green "dandruff" in my hair!

Anyway, we had fun acting like immature kids! You gotta do things like that every now and then!

8 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Too funny Amy! I love things like this. I think they come way too infrequently!

Meredith said...

All I can say is... Tripp was being sarcastic??? Now THAT is VERY hard to believe!

Frost Family said...

Love it!! One of my dreams...a paint fight...tomato fight...food fight...you name it...but I'm too inhibited :).

Kelli said...

Oh.my...I LOVE IT! That is so wonderful that you were able to have fun with one another, and capture the moment. Way to go!

Dee said...

Love the green!
Looks like you got'em good!

How'd the scrapbooking go?

Audrey said...

so funny! glad you guys had a good time!

Julie D. said...

thats awesome! how about chocolate paint next time?! oops, did I say that?! ;)

Trish said...

Oh grow up!

Just kidding........how great that you guys still remember to have fun!