Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday, Casey!

My sweet Casey. My second born. My son. How I love you! Look at that face - what's not to love?

You are the only baby we "planned" on having. When your brother was about 1 1/2 we decided we were ready to have another. When we first heard your heartbeat, you were so active that my doctor thought there might be 2 of you! Twins?! I was praying that wasn't the case. The doctor sent me to get an ultrasound to see how many babies were in my tummy. Thank goodness, just one - YOU! I was terrified of having twins when we already had a toddler! When it was getting close to your arrival, you were breach, which means you were flipped around in my tummy. We were a day away from having to try to flip you around, when you did it on your own! You did some strange sommersault in my tummy and then settled in and got comfortable. About 4 weeks later you were born.


Below is something I caught you doing - let's just call it job security! Someone's gotta dirty up the windows so I can clean them!



You have been addicted to your pacifiers (we call them your "plugs") since you were born. When you turned a year old, we made you leave them in your crib and only have them for naps and bedtime. But sometimes you would sneak into your room, reach through the slats in your crib and get a quick "fix". We would find you standing there, sucking on your plug, like a smoker taking a smoke break. I laughed when you came out of your room one day with both of your plugs in your mouth.


Mimi made you this blankie and though you aren't as attached to it as your brother or your sister are to theirs, it is still very special to you.


Your personality begin to shine when you were very little. You have always kept us laughing with the silly things you do. You are pretty easy going and compliant for the most part. But you can sure have your moments of stubbornness (you get that from your daddy!).


I love your smile! You have dimples all over your face and it looks like you have a walnut in each cheek! And those deep blue eyes - melt my heart! You became a big brother when Emily was born. You are so lucky that you get to be a little brother AND a big brother!


Shortly after we moved to Arizona, you were running through Nan & Papa's house and tripped and smacked your head on a column. Here are a progression of pictures:

Immediately after it happened

The next day

A few days later you ran into the SAME column and hit the other side of your head, you can see the mark over your left eyebrow!

You have grown into a spunky little boy who LOVE, LOVE, LOVES to play. You must have a toy in your hand at all times. The worst thing we can punish you with is to take away whatever toy you hold dear that week. You love trucks and tell me that you want to be a garbage truck/fire truck/dump truck driver when you grow up. But maybe you'll be a singer! You love to sing and I love to listen to you sing. You sing "Frosty the Snowman" year round. When you get to the part that says, "...was a jolly, happy soul" you sing, "...and the silly happy show". It makes me smile.


You wanted a garbage truck birthday, but I couldn't find garbage truck party supplies at the party store! So you settled for a fire truck birthday party. We had your 4th birthday party in the morning with donuts and fruit. You had a great time! Our friends stayed into the afternoon so we got pizza for lunch. Everyone swam and we had a water balloon fight too!




This morning I made you a special mickey mouse chocolate chip pancake for breakfast. When I asked you what you wanted for dinner, anything you want, you told me grilled cheese. Easy enough! I love you, Casey! You light up my world! I thank God that He placed you in our family, to be our son. I pray that as you grow to understand God, and what Jesus did on the cross for us, that you would accept His gift of grace and follow Him all of your days!


3 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy Happy Birthday sweet Boy!!!

Kelli said...

What a sweet boy. That was a beautiful piece on him, one I'm sure the both of you will treasure. His poor eye! Sounds like you guys had a great party. Happy Birthday Casey!

Dee said...

Happy Birthday, Handsome!

AMy, you are a great mom! What a sweet, sweet, note to your little man.