Let me just recap for you:
*Back on May 3rd, Tripp and I painted the walls a hideous shade of "asparagus" green. It went on a little dark, but I hoped it would lighten up in the daylight. No such luck. So Tripp went back to Home Depot and purchased more paint, approximately 5 shades lighter than the asparagus color I'd first chosen.
*So on May 6th he actually cut it in and repainted the entire bathroom. I could live with it. But when he finally admitted that he didn't like either, we decided to try again.
*We'd been buying our paint from Home Depot, but my neighbor reminded me that I could use his painters discount at a local paint store with high quality paint. So he ordered me quarts of several colors I wanted to test out on the walls. I slapped on 5 different shades on various parts of the walls. I narrowed it down to 2 colors. While I was on the phone, Tripp called me into the bathroom to talk about the 5 different colors. I gestured at the 2 that I was deciding on. I was going to go with the one on south wall but Tripp thought I agreed to the color on the north wall. I was unaware that he was going to begin painting as I spent the day at Ryan's school for water day. When I came home and realized that he'd spent 3 hours cutting in the color that I didn't want, he was none too pleased. So we decided to revisit the paint issue later. He went to work on the tile.
*When we did revisit the paint issue this past Saturday, we found out that the quart samples were made from their most expensive and low sheen paint. Since we wanted the cheaper slightly higher sheen paint, it was a good excuse to just go ahead and get the color I wanted! Yay! So I ordered it and picked it up this past Monday, excited that I'd finally found a color that I thought we'd be pleased with.
*Today Tripp began the cut in (for the 4th time, if you're not keeping track) of the paint that I had picked up. Then he bellowed politely called for me. I had ordered the wrong color. I'm not kidding. I had ordered a color that was on a wall in the bathroom that I wasn't even considering!! I had ordered "lime blossom" and meant to order "perfect pear". I was so mad at myself. I told him, whatever, just paint it. This has to end. I'm sick to death of dealing with paint. Then the idea occurred to me, to call the paint store and see what could be done. The man at the store told me that since the color I had was lighter than the one I wanted, it shouldn't be a problem to add a few drops of something to make it the color I wanted. Awesome! So while I took Ryan on his bowling field trip, my wonderful-wife-pleasing husband took 3 gallons of paint back to the store and had it changed to the color I wanted.
*He began the cut in process and then spilled paint all over the new tile he just layed. $#%&! Thankfully it isn't grouted yet, so it cleaned up okay.
*He is now in the bathroom, at 10pm, painting our bathroom for the 3rd time (cutting in for the 4th!). I've been banished. I'm not allowed to help this time.
So that is the paint recap. Aside from that, we also had the insulation blown into the attic. There hasn't been any insulation in our kitchen/family room area since Tripp remodeled the kitchen before we moved in, January '08. So we now have insulation in that area and the new addition. Hopefully we'll see lower electric bills from now on!
And our shower is now usable. 
(Do you like my little ledge he built me? It's for shaving my legs!)
When Tripp showed me that it was ready, I turned on the shower (still dressed, with no intention of getting wet, I simply wanted to see water actually running from the shower head), he pushed me into the running water, drenching me. Ryan came in to see what all the commotion was and I then pushed him into the water. That was fun :-)
And lastly, we had the granite counter top installed this evening!! Now that really makes it look like things are coming together!!
But I still don't like how the wood looks on the cabinets. I'm seriously considering just sanding them and restaining. I think Tripp thinks he can talk me out of it. I'm not so sure...
8 comments:
What a paint mess! I'm glad it all worked out in the end and it sounds like Tripp is patient like Rondell to keep painting. How fun that he pushed you in the shower...too funny. I do love the tile on the floor and the accent pieces are really nice.
I am actually with your hubby on this one. There are so many crevices in those bathroom cabinets. You would hate yourself if you started that. That is an ambitious project for someone to tackle who hasn't refinished something before. If you are going to do anything just paint them.
I was seriously laughing when I read about your painting debacle!! Poor Tripp. He really is a good husband and a good sport!
Oh man! What a frustrating mess!! So sorry and I hope the paint finally turns out how you hoped. Everything else looks great, and I honestly think the cabinets look fine (in the picture, for sure, anyway).
Stop by, I gave you an award.
Oh my! Bummer on the paint mess. My dinin room was similiar. We painted, wall papered, took wall paper off, repainted, then repainted again. You just want it done! Ughhhh.
On the cabinet, don't touch it girl. It's nice. Be done.
I would probably go with a creme and then antique it with a dark stain. it isn't as hard as it sounds...I promise. I will walk you through it.
Oh my goodness............
I would be in tears!
you guys have such a great sense of humor!
Post a Comment