Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Updated Menu

I've updated my menu on my sidebar! As always, if you want recipes, just let me kn0w and I will post them here.

Here you go Kelli!

Chicken Lo Mein
4 oz. uncooked angel hair pasta
2 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar*
2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce*
1 Tbsp. minced fresh gingerroot (I buy mine in a jar)
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
2 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 cup julienned carrots
1/4 cup salted peanuts, finely chopped (I use cashews because of Casey's allergy to peanuts)
*you can usually find these ingredients in the Asian food isle of a regular grocery store

Cook pasta according to pkg. directions. Meanwhile, in a small measuring cup or bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, ginger & garlic until blended; set aside.

In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 Tbsp. oil for 5-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon. Drain pasta & set aside.

Stir-fry broccoli and carrots in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and pour into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken & pasta; heat through. Sprinkle with peanuts (or cashews).

Here you go LeeAnn!

Texas Casserole
1 1/2 to 2 lbs. ground beef (or ground turkey, which I used last night and reallly liked!)
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
12 oz. elbow macaroni
15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp. sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2-4 green onions, chopped
1-2 cups shredded cheese

Brown ground beef; drain. Add garlic salt & pepper. Add tomato sauce & sugar. Simmer, covered for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook noodles. Then beat cream cheese and sour cream. Add onions & soup. In a greased 9x13 pan (or 2 8x8 pans), layer macaroni, grond beef mixture & cream cheese mixture. Repeat. Top with shredded cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Balsamic Almond Chicken
I have not yet made this. Let me know what you think!

1/2 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each)
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. brown sugar

In a shallow bowl, combine almonds and flour. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs. Flatten chicken to 1/4" thickness. Dip chicken in eggs; the coat with almond mixture. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth, vinegar and brown sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm interested in the chicken lo mein. I need to get more creative in the kitchen.

Lee Ann said...

Talk about gourmet! How 'bout the balsalmic chicken and the texas casserole..... Paaleeese. I'm so stuck in a rut!

Kelli said...

That casserole sounds yummy too. Thanks Amy.