Not physically, but visually now. The green is a little much. Here is what my father-in-law said about my paint choice, "Amy, just for the record, your bathroom is the ugliest room I've ever seen." Thanks. 'Preciate it.
But during the day, with that huge window lighting up the walls like a neon sign, it kinda startles you. I wish I could capture it's essence in a picture to show you, but the pictures I take just don't do it justice. I may try again and post the pictures later (check back). I like how it looks at night with just the glow of the soft ceiling fan light to illuminate the walls. But Tripp says that is like saying, "it looks great in the dark!"
He's been hounding me to commit to this color or tell him the truth so that he can re-paint it before the trim goes on the walls and the tile goes down. It's much more of a pain to paint when those things happen. I can live with the color, is what I told him. I don't want to spend the money on more paint and I don't want my husband to spend more time painting. But when he finally told me that he agrees with his dad, it is a pretty ugly room, then I told him, okay. We must repaint with a more muted version.
The color I originally chose, as I mentioned in my last post, should've been called "granny smith apple green", not "asparagus". So Tripp went back the store and bought a green that is 5 shades lighter than "asparagus". It's called "corn husk green". That is what is on the walls now. But it's still too much. I'm not sure what he'll bring home next, but one thing is for sure -- I'm banned from ever choosing paint for our house AGAIN!! And I'm fine with that. I just don't have an eye for it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think choosing paint is one of the hardest things to do! I painted my kitchen and my entire downstairs what I thought were colors that I wanted...not exactly. I don't want to do the entire downstairs again but I think we are going to repaint the kitchen...it's TOO yellow.
I let out a good 'ol belly laugh when I read what your FIL said. I can't pick out paint either. The only way I do it is by seeing it a house, actually on the wall, and asking for the name.
Oh how I wish I could help you. I LOVE picking out paint.
Post a Comment