Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

5 Stitches & a Permit

This morning I went to Bible study without kids since Tripp is home today. I always turn my phone to silent during my BS. Half way through, I checked my phone to see what time it was and saw that I'd missed a call from home and had a voicemail. I thought that was strange since Tripp knows where I am, why would he call and leave me a message?

I listened to it and immediately packed up my stuff and booked it home! Tripp (who is always very calm in these situations -- guess it's why he's such a great firefighter!) calmly said that Casey had been hurt and needed stitches so he was heading to the ER. That I needed to come home. His mom was coming over to watch Ryan and Emily. I called Tripp to find out what had happened.

Ryan and Casey had been playing with a piece of cardboard and were taking turns whacking it with a metal baseball bat. When it was Ryan's turn, he cracked Casey with the bat on accident. Being a head injury, it bled pretty good. Ryan felt so bad!
Anyway, Casey is such a brave little almost-4-year old! Tripp said he did so good! They first numbed the wound with litocane (sp?) and once it was numb sewed him up with 5 stitches. Tripp took a picture of Casey before he left for the ER so I could see what it looked like. I debated posting it, but it's pretty bloody so I decided not to post that one! But here is a picture of him enjoying his Happy Meal:

He was given a toy from the ER and another in his Happy Meal. He was pretty happy about that. My brave little "Baby Guy"!____________________________________________

As for our remodel process, I am happy to report that, after several very frustrating inspections with a handful of inspectors giving us red tags and incompletes, Inspector Bob gave us a GREEN tag and the okay to proceed with drywall! YAY! The permitting process has been so unbelievable ridiculous, Tripp was as frustrated as I've ever seen him. One inspector made him move the toilet drain because it was half an inch too close to the wall (he wasn't even there to inspect the plumbing, he just happened to notice this). Tripp had to walk away from the guy before he did something he'd regret. He had to jackhammer up the concrete around the drain, move it over a half inch and then re-cement it. It took him all day. So I don't have any pictures to share, nothing has changed. That's all for now!

7 comments:

AmberW said...

What a brave little guy!!
Kids will never let us rest... it will be stress until the day we die :)
Glad everything is okay!!

Audrey said...

Poor Casey! He looks like everything's okay with him, now though. What a tough boy!

Kelli said...

Brave Casey! I'm glad he's OK and poor Ryan too because he felt bad.
That's good that the inspection went your way.

Heather said...

Happy Meals make everything so much better, don't they??

Lee Ann said...

Poor guy!

yay for the green light!

Dee said...

Poor muffin!
Awesome job on the green light!

Julie D. said...

oh man, amy...i'm behind. poor little guy. looks like he is pretty tough though!