Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Sunday, March 29, 2009

What's For Dinner?

I copied one of my friends (I can't link her, her blog is private) and posted what I'm fixing for dinner for the next week and a half. Check it out on my side bar and if anyone wants a recipe, let me know!

6 comments:

AmberW said...

Ohhh that's a very good idea!
I really need to start making meal plans. I am terrible at that!

Kelli said...

Yes, I'll take one baked spaghetti, one mexican lasagna and one chicken and potatoes! This week I did my first meal plan, went to the store and got exactly what I need and I hope to stick to it this week. Wish me luck.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Mexican Lasagna
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 cups cooked cubed or shredded chicken
3 cans (10 oz. each) enchilada sauce
2 eggs
1 carton ricotta cheese
1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
12 no-cook lasagna noodles (the only thing close to this that I found at my local grocery store is a box of Barilla 'Lasagne' rolled flat like homemade. In the corner it says "no boiling required". It turned out just fine.)
4 cups (16oz.) shredded Mexican cheese blend

In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in chicken and enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese and cilantro. Spread 3/4 cup chicken mixture into a greased 13x9 baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles, 2/3 cup ricotta mixture, 3/4 cup chicken mixture and 1 cup shredded cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and cheese.

Cover and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

Broccoli Chicken Casserole
1 1/2 cups water
1 pkg. (6 oz.) chicken stuffing mix
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in stuffing mix. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, layer chicken and broccoli in a greased 11x7 baking dish. Top with soup. Fluff stuffing with a fork; spoon over soup. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.

Chicken & Red Potatoes
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz. each)
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 medium red potatoes, cut into wedges
2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
1 can (4 oz.) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
4 canned whole green chilies, cut into 1/2" slices (I'm just going to use diced green chilies because I have a bunch from when I stocked up on them)
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of onion soup (this is hard to find, so I think I'm just going to use cream of chicken and add an envelope of onion soup mix)
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp. chicken seasoning
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp. pepper

Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, one piece at a time, shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides (just brown, don't fully cook).

Meanwhile, place potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and chilies in a greased 5 qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half of soup mixture over vegetables. Transfer chicken to slow cooker; top with remaining soup mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken juices run clear and veggies are tender.

Kelli said...

Thanks Amy. I will add those to my list of things to make. They sound yummy! Yes, I do the daybook every Monday and I love it. It gives me a moment to stop and reflect on where I am and what's coming up. You should try it!

Dee said...

mmmmmmmmm. Yummy meals planned!
Way to go girl!