Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Monday, April 20, 2009

I've Updated My Sidebar Menu

Check it out and let me know if there's any recipe you'd like. If you request a recipe, I will add it to this post. I really don't mind typing it out, I just love sharing recipes!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Creamy Chicken Casserole
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayo
1 Tbsp. lemon
curry seasoning to taste (not my favorite spice, I won't add this)
3 chicken breasts boiled and chopped
1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
1 bag of frozen broccoli florets
2 cups cheddar cheese
Mix together the first 5 ingredients. Layer in a greased pan (I've never made this recipe, so I have no clue what size to use, try 9x13) rice, chicken mixture, broccoli and top with cheese. Bake at 350 until it bubbles (maybe 30 minutes? Just watch it!)
Colorful Chicken & Rice
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup small curd cottage cheese
3 oz. cream cheese, cubed
3 cups cubed cooked chicken
3 cups cooked rice
1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chiles
1 can 2 1/4 oz.) sliced olives
1/8 tsp. garlic salt
1 1/2 cups crushed corn chips
2 cups shredded lettuce
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
*This is another recipe that I've never made before. It seems like it should have the word "creamy" in it much more than the recipe before it!
In a blender or food processor, combine the soup, sour cream, cottage cheese & cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the chicken, rice, jack cheese, chilies, olives & garlic salt.
Pour into a greased 2 qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, top with corn chips, lettuce and tomatoes.
Creamy Spinach Sausage Pasta
3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 can Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg. (9-10 oz.) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
1 pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven (or large pot), cook sausage & onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, cream cheese and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Transfer to a greased 11x7" baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Spaghetti Casserole
*This is a great recipe to double and freeze. If you double it, it will make four 8" square pans.
1 package (16 oz.) angel hair pasta
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded colb-jack cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanhwile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no loner pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Remove from heat.
Drain pasta. Combine soup & sour cream. In two 8" square baking dishes, layer half of the meat sauce, pasta, soup mixture and cheese. Repeat layers.
Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months. Cover and bake remaining casserole at 350 for 55-65 minutes or until cheese is melted.
To use frozen casserole: Thaw in fridge overnight. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking. Bake as directed.
Gingered Flank Steak
*It needs time to marinate, so plan ahead
**This is my favorite marinade for flank steak!
1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp. minced fresh ginger root (I just buy it in a jar)
1 garlic clove, minced (I use my garlic press)
1 beef flank steak (it calls for 1 lb. but usually get at least 2 lbs.)
In a bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Pour half the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
Drain and discard marinade from steak. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.

6 comments:

Julie D. said...

amy, you have to be a part of momswhocook! www.momswhocook.blogspot.com are you on the list to share? i'll have to go check...i'm enlisting you if not!

Lee Ann said...

Will you post some recipes? Gingered flank steak and the spinach, sausage pasta?

Infarrantly Creative said...

I can attest that her gingered flank steak is the bomb!

The Bentley's said...

Thanks for posting the recipes. I'm excited to try some of these myself!

Kelli said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing. I will add these to my menus.

Brooke Zimmermann said...

Thank you for the recipes! I've missed you too. I couldn't figure out how to do the tag thing!! I hope all is well with the family!