Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's that time of year!

Today we broke into the 3 digits. It was 102 degrees today. Definitely not normal weather this time of year (mid 80s is more like it). But this day marked our first time in the pool for 2009! It was a brisk 76 degrees in the water, so I only dipped my feet in (I'm a weenie when it comes to water. It's gotta be in the 80s for me to get in!). But Ryan braved it! Here are some pictures:

Emily dipped her toes in too
Casey stayed in the hot tub which was a toasty 96 degrees
Tomorrow it's supposed to be 99. For me, it's a little too early for 100 degree weather, but it's supposed to go back to normal in a couple of days. Did I really just blog about the weather?

I know I haven't posted much about the bathroom remodel. But it is coming along. Tripp has it sheetrocked and the mud is on. I asked him to take a break because we weren't getting much family time in. Plus he's been working with his dad a lot on some side jobs. Anyway, next step is tape and texture then paint! I'll take some pictures tomorrow when the lighting is better in there. I've decided to go with a light green color. I want it to look really fresh and clean. I'm also considering tackling the old vanity cabinets that we are re-using. They are a light oak and not exactly what I'd choose for my newly remodeled bathroom. It's one of those things that Tripp doesn't want to do, but hopefully he will agree that it needs to be done (right, Honey? Love you!) The other thing that I hope he decides to do is add some accent tile pieces when he lays it. We got this mosaic strip of multi-colored tiles that compliment the tile we chose. It will go on the backsplash and around the tub. So he could take some of those accent pieces, clip the corners of a few of the larger main floor tile, and add these little accents here and there. It would look so great! But at this point, he just wants to be done and done quickly! He started this on January 4th! He can't believe it's not finished yet (darn those city permit codes!!) So much for "2 weeks"! That has been Tripp's running joke when I ask him how much longer. His response is always "2 weeks". Ha.




6 comments:

Kelli said...

Can I come over and swim in your pool? That makes me want to move someplace warm like right now. I can't wait for the pool to open. It's about time to wash the towels and get ready...one more month!
Looking forward to the bathroom pictures. We plan on repainting ours this summer with a green color, Grasscloth by Behr.

Dee said...

Oh your pool looks divine!
Can't waith to see pics of the bathroom.

Audrey said...

The sun and a pool? Lucky you! I would love to be in that kind of weather right now. Enjoy it!

Can't wait to see the finished remodel! So exciting!

Meredith said...

Oh, poor girl! 76 degrees???

Looks so inviting... I might need to run down there really quick!

Julie D. said...

oh, my. i'm so jealous!

Megan said...

So jealous of your weather! I would love to have 100 degrees to play in!

I can't wait to see the finished product. I can already tell it's going to be awesome!