Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Friday, April 17, 2009

8 Things

I was tagged by my friend Audrey at boo-momma. So here are my lists of 8 things:

8 things I'm looking forward to:
*our bathroom remodel being finished
*Emily being potty trained
*summer and swimming
*meeting face to face, my biological father and his family someday
*National Scrapbook Day (weekend, actually!) on May 1st & 2nd
*our 9 year anniversary (May 13th!) it's my year to plan our anni. date. Anyone have any lo-budget ideas for me?
*free cone day at Ben & Jerry's (April 21st, noon to 8pm!)
*Meredith coming to visit for my birthday in July (wink, wink!)

8 things I did yesterday
*made pancakes for breakfast
*read Beckie's latest installment of her life story (go check it out here -- she is a captivating writer and always leaves you wanting more. She titles it "Real & Raw" and that is just exactly what it is!)
*cleaned up the house (had to create that "faux" image since someone who has never seen my house was coming to visit for the first time! Don't worry, I didn't let her believe that I always keep my house this way!)
*made the best smoothies ever! (let me know if you want the recipe -- they taste Jamba Juice-ish)
*worked on Alphabet flash cards with Casey (part of my new routine, trying to work with Casey daily on little things like that)
*we went as a family to choose our tile for the bathroom (next time, I'd rather not bring the kids!)
*had dinner at Texas Roadhouse with Tripp's parents and a family friend who is visiting from Florida (she's who we cleaned up for ;-) )
*bathed my stinky kids

8 things I wish I could do:
*have better time management
*be more patient with and yell less at the kids
*have a pretty singing voice
*afford to send our kids to a private Christian school
*quote scripture
*talk to my mom
*go back to Jazzercise
*be better at keeping up with my chores (that may go along with having better time management!)

8 shows I enjoy:
*Biggest Loser
*Dancing with the Stars
*So You Think You Can Dance
*Friends
*King of Queens
*I Love Lucy
*Dirty Jobs
*17 Kids & Counting (don't watch it now that we got rid of extended cable, but that family fascinates me!)

8 people I tag:
*Trish
*Becca
*Kelli
*Christy
*Brooke
*Eryn
*Julie
*LeeAnn

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Ooh, I'm doing this right now...how fun. Yes, the Target brand is working out really well. No problems at all.
OK, so I'm with you on quoting scripture. I'm working on it!

Frost Family said...

I can't wait for So you think you can dance to come on this summer!! I'm going to put up at the top of my list of "8"...make my blog cuter like Amy's...I mean seriously!!

Trish said...

Oh, I love your lists! There is so much there that we have in common....

I like to watch the Duggars too, except now it's called 18 Kids and counting....oh an dtheir oldest son who got married last fall is also expecting a baby.......I really like what that family stands for.

I promise to play along, but it may be tomorrow before I get to it.

Julie D. said...

oh, i'm game. I'll do it this week for sure!

Eryn said...

ooh, that will be fun! I'm just getting home from the women's retreat, but I will do this in the next couple days! :) Eryn