Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Remodel -- Part 8 (My tube light and some randomness)

Yes, that's right, my amazing husband installed the tube light in the shower for me! So I got new paint on the walls AND a tube light. He's so great. But he was cursing the thing the whole time, not so easy to install, I guess. He worked until every last bit of daylight was gone. Here are a few pictures.




Here is Emily, admiring the tube light from inside the shower

Not a whole lot has changed but the window is in now! I liked the window until my sweet step-mom came to visit and pointed out that she likes to be able to open windows in the bathroom and get fresh air. My window doesn't open. I hadn't thought about that. :-( Too late now!

Tripp has also finished shingling the roof.



So the roof passed inspection. Tripp has finished the duct work, plumbing and electrical so that inspection will be on Thursday. Once that passes, he can begin drywall. Then it will really start to come together.

Yesterday, Tripp actually came to a stopping point on the bathroom so he decided to build Legos for the boys. For those of you with boys who are lovers of Legos, you know that they have all these amazing creations that take hours to build and within a day or two, the creation has been morphed into something different. Why don't they just sell a huge bucket of Lego pieces and then sell the instructions seperately? Because that is what we end up with. Drawers full of random pieces. But at least we have saved all the instruction booklets. So yesterday, Tripp spent 7 hours putting some things back together! This morning the boys woke up to a Lego fire station (Ryan's Christmas present from 2007) and a bunch of vehicles (from Christmases and birthdays past). Guess what they are doing as I type this post?



What a great daddy.

And can I just say how much I love this time of year here in AZ? Look at my flowers!

I can't wait for my petunias to get big. This whole planter box will be overflowing with them!

7 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Looks like it's all coming along! I just had to sit down with Steve and go through all 71 windows in our house and say which ones need to open and which don't. Hope I picked the right ones!

I also LOVED legos as a kid! Only I was never creative and I always followed the directions. What a great hubby you have!

The Bentley's said...

Wow...He's done such a great job. How fun to get your shower light! Here's hoping to a great inspection and the continuation of the work. I can't wait to see it when it's all done!

Kelli said...

I'm new to your blog...your kids are so beautiful. What a handy husband...my husband and I are working on being more handy. I also love your flowers, I'm just doing pots this year and I'm excited.

Dee said...

What an energizer bunny hubby you have. Wow, awesome daddy to be working so hard on the house and to do that for the boys. How fun.

Looking great.

Please know I'm totally jealous of your weather right now. and your flowers. It's a long winter around my neck of the woods.

Kelli said...

I did find your blog by Meredith! I love her blog, she is an inspiration and her faith is just amazing.

Audrey said...

looks great! and your flowers look so pretty...can't wait for spring!

Vee Vignettes said...

Wow, Amy! Such great progress! Love your flowers too!