Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Sunday, March 1, 2009

My New Tub

We bought a wonderfully deep bath tub from Home Depot. I don't need jets, I just want to be able to soak my entire body. In all of our previous homes, the tubs have been about waist deep. That doesn't make for an enjoyable bath experience -- especially not when you're pregnant. I so wanted to just soak in the tub when I was pregnant.

Tubs are expensive! The one we bought has no bells or whistles and with tax, cost almost $1,000!! But really, it is on the cheaper end as far as tubs go. But Tripp stumbled across a tub on Craigslist. It was oval (the one we bought was rectangle) so it's a bit smaller, but it's just as deep as the one we bought. Like I said, I just want to be able to soak! All they wanted for this tub was $100!! Tripp checked it out and bought it! I kind of don't like that other "cheeks" have sat where my cheeks will sit, but some heavy duty cleaning with comet will make me feel better.

We returned our Home Depot tub and got our money back (minus the $50 restocking fee since it was a special order).

So now I am getting my deep tub and I've already tried it out! Ryan took this picture of me:

11 comments:

Tanielle said...

You have such a beautiful family, and I love the design of your blog... love the colors! Thanks for stoppong by mine and hope you have a great Monday!!

Audrey said...

Oh how nice that will be!

Cute pics of Ryan's t-ball game, by the way. Very fun!

Eryn said...

I agree, at 9+ months pregnant and your really just want to feel good for 20 minutes, your belly and boobs sticking out of the water, just doesn't do it. How fun your big ol tub will be!

Dee said...

What a super deal!
I love Craigs List!

The Frosts said...

Craigslist strikes again! I just love it and I am a HUGE fan of bathtubs I have one pretty much every night...soaking with a good book....Enjoy!! Well, after the heavy duty cleaning, of course :).

Julie D. said...

love that picture! looks like a great deal!!

Lee Ann said...

For $900 I think you can clean it! That's an awesome deal.

Trish said...

Love the tub! Love the deal and for the $850 savings you can have a little champagne while you soak.

Now, I can't help but wonder, will there be a pregnant belly in that tub?

Amy said...

Bite your tongue, Trish! Lord willing, there will never be a pregnant belly in that tub! Three is enough for us :-)

Unknown said...

Wow! That is a really deep tub..the kids can swim in it!
Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Brittany said...

Bubble baths are heaven! I am envious of your big ol' tub!!! You got an amazing deal too!

Thank you for visiting my blog today. :) And to answer your question: I saw Legally Blonde while it was on tour in Houston, TX. (The Broadway show closed... darn recession.) Yes, it was fab-u-lous!