Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Slowly But Surely

WE got the bedroom painted! I get to say "we" because I actually helped! Usually I say "we" in circumstances like, "yeah, we've remodeled the kitchen and now we're remodling the master bathroom." Like I'm actually part of the process! Tripp will usually look at me and repeat, "we?" with a grin. Here's another "we" conversation Tripp and I sometimes have:
Me: "So, honey, we really need to put a ceiling fan in our kitchen. It gets really hot in there when I'm cooking."

Tripp: "Are WE going up in the really hot attic to run the electrical so WE can have a ceiling fan in the kitchen?"

Me: "Nope. Pretty sure it'll just be you."

Tripp: "Thank you for making my point."

Me: "Honey? Will YOU please install a ceiling fan in the kitchen for me?"

Tripp: "No."

Some day he will...I'm sure of it!

So on with some recent pictures of the progress:
This is where the old vanity was. Can you believe I now have a sitting area? I was afraid that the wall color was going to be too dark. But I like it! Tripp just put the shutters back up and I really don't like the 2 browns together. That's okay. I'll just hang some curtains to break it up.

This area is just to the right of my sitting area. Casey is standing in front of the door that leads to the bathroom (this is where the old window was).

Tripp is finished framing things out in the bathroom. We are still waiting for our bathroom window to arrive (should be here in a couple of weeks). It will go above the tub where the plywood is. Once the window is in, we can call for another inspection and if that passes, Tripp can begin hanging drywall.

This is the shower. It's to the left of the tub. This is where I'd like to have my tube light skylight thing.

This is just to the right of the tub. Casey is sitting in the linen closet. The vanity will go on the wall to the right.

That's all for now!

3 comments:

Dee said...

Lookin good!

Audrey said...

looks great! so does that mean tripp agreed to paint your bedroom a new color??

The Bentley's said...

WOW...Tripp has done an amazing job!! I can't wait to come and see it all in person!