Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Friday, November 7, 2008

Sweet Reminders

I love sweet reminders that remind me that my kids are such a blessing! Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in focusing on their bad habits. Here are my sweet reminders from the past couple of days - to help me not remember that Emily defiantly sat in her high chair for 3 hours because she refused to tell us "all done" (she was in her high chair from breakfast and stayed all the way through to lunch but she finally signed "all done" after lunch). And they also remind me that even though the boys can fight, argue, whine and tattle on each other, they are, as they call each other, "best brothers" **little side note - the other day Casey came inside looking for Ryan. He says, "where's my best bwodder (Casey-ese for the word "brother")?" So sweet!!**
This is Emily saying, "Deeeee" (like "Cheese") when she sees me with the camera! This show of affection between brother and sister is sweet, if not genuine and somewhat forced!I let the boys get in Emily's crib with her and thought it was so cute when they had their feet sticking through the slats.Here are the boys displaying an excellent example of sharing!! They are capable of it sometimes! They each have an earphone and are listening to Tripp's iPod.Tripp is getting some of those tedious things done around the house, at my request, before he begins our master bath remodel (he's so wonderful!). Here he is putting down quarter round to give the flooring a finished look. Emily is helping. It's an open invitation, isn't it? Daddy is laying on the floor so naturally she thinks he wants to play!Okay, just for a minute!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

such a sweet family you have! I love the crib shots. And good luck with the bathroom remodel! Hopefully it will go quicker than ours did (6 months)!! :)

Dee said...

Love the shot with the boys sharing earphones! Your cutie pies are just growing up tooo fast!

Send us some sunshine would ya! It's stinkin pouring and it's cold too!

I told Alex I want to move to Arizonia once the kids grow up!
I'm a sunshine girl and so are my bones!