The boys are off with their Papa and their cousins at a movie this evening. So I decided since it was just me and my girl, we should do something "girly". I just painted my toes this morning and thought, maybe I'd try to paint Emily's!! She's almost 17 months, mind you. I popped us some popcorn (mostly to distract her, but also because it sounded good!) and I gave it a try. I kept telling her that we were going to make her toes pretty! Here are the results:

You can't tell (my picture taking skills are quite lacking - either that or I need a new camera!), but they didn't turn out too pretty! It's half on her skin and half on her nail. My mother, the manicurist, would most definitely not approve :-).
So I'm thinkin' Miss Em is just a tad too young for "pretty toes". Every time I'd touch her foot, she'd wiggle it out of my grasp. She must think I'm trying to cut her toe nails - which she HATES! So the only way I could do it was to distract her in the mirror and with popcorn while trying to paint a moving target the size of a flea (She has tiny toenails!). Anyway, I'll try again in a year or so.


For those of you with little girls, how old were your daughters when they would sit still to have their toes painted?
3 comments:
Too cute! Mine were probably two. I would say "don't start!", but that's just me. Anna asks almost every day for me to paint them and it's just not something I enjoy doing.
You are a FUN momma! Nope, no toe painting yet for me.
so cute! love the toe painting. we used the painting as a mile marker for our emma. she got to do toenails at 3rd birthday and fingernails at her 6th birthday. it was fun - she got a little nail kit and really looked forward to it.
Post a Comment