Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Startle Easily

Tripp enjoys this. He's always trying to figure out new ways to startle me. One of his favorite things to do is just honk the horn on the car just before I get in. See, before we had kids, he'd wait for me and open my door for me. Now that we have kids, we tag team and I'm getting one strapped in while he gets the another strapped in. And a lot of the time he's getting everyone strapped in while I'm the last one out of the house. He likes to honk just before I reach for the door handle. Way to teach our boys to respect Mommy, huh? Ryan's in the back seat as I come out of the house saying to Tripp, "honk, Daddy, honk!" Most recently, he honked at me last Saturday night in the church parking lot. I was walking around the front of the minivan and he honked the horn. I screamed then stomped my feet and clapped my hands in frustration! He just finds my reaction so hilarious! I wish I could not react so he wouldn't get so much enjoyment out of it. I get in the car and do my best to be mad, but he's sitting there giggling like a school girl and it gets me laughing too, as much as I fight it! I have more stories of things he's done to scare me. They aren't over the top like you see on Funniest Home Videos - hiding in the pantry and leap out, or scary halloween mask popping up in the window. Rather more simple ways to get me. Like I said, I startle easy so it doesn't take a lot of effort to come up with something to get me. I HATE scary movies. The last one I saw, and most of you are going to say, "that wasn't even a thriller!!", was Signs with Mel Gibson. You know, the one with the aliens? It was out like 5 or 6 years ago. In our old house, you had to walk by a walk-in closet to get to the toilet and I could never walk by it after peeing in the middle of the night without doing a running leap and dive back into bed. As the years went by, it became more of a hop-skip past the closet. Anyway, yeah, I don't do scary movies. I keep thinking that I need to come up with a way to scare him. I'm talking, over the top! And I need to catch it on video so that we can win $100,000 on AFV! If anyone has any ideas for me, email me! Don't put them in the comments, he'll read it there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's me! Can you believe it! You're so funny! I can see it now. :) This is great. I love it!
Thanks for putting The View on your blog. I'll talk to you soon.
Carrie :)

Dee said...

Booo!
Did I scare you!

hehehehe

cornnut32 said...

i startle easily, too. my hubby will sneak up on me when i'm in the shower, or wait outside the bathroom door and jump at me.

until i hit him once (not on purpose, it was a reaction!) and he wasn't too happy about that. he hasn't jumped out at me in a few months. :)