It was 11pm. I was yanked from my sweet dreams by a LOUD crash in the laundry room (that shares a wall with our room). It sounded like a car crashed into our house. Tripp didn't hear a thing (brings me back to the many nights I was woken to the sound of one of our crying babes while Tripp peacefully slept, not hearing a thing...). So I woke him up and told him to go check it out. He was annoyed. I was right on his heels and as I peeked over his shoulder, this is what we saw:
That is a set of cabinets that were hung above the desk on the wall on the right. THEY FELL OFF THE WALL!!
Here is where they used to hang:
I'm thankful for all the laundry and junk on the desk because it protected it (it is antique and it belonged to my grandmother)
This is most damage done to the desk:
The antique chair was not so lucky. Can you see where it cracked?
Thankfully, the only damage done to my washer/dryer was this dent in the dryer:
The cabinets are trashed though
So, the biggest thing I'm thankful for in this situation is that it happened when everyone was asleep. If one our kids had been standing there when it fell... I just praise God that no one was hurt.
3 comments:
Ummm... I'm thankful no one was sitting in that chair! Yikes!
Wow...so glad no one was hurt! Bummer that it happened though! I can sympathize with the husband sleeping through anything. Nathan never hears anything when we sleep...If it's actually something I'm worried about, I have to wake him up and make him check it out too.
I've also woken him up a couple of times, while I was dreaming, telling him to go check something out, and by the time he got back (annoyed...) I had woken up and told him I was probably dreaming. yeah...not his favorite times! :-)
love that you're posting these! yikes! thank goodness everyone was okay!
Post a Comment