Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thankful - Day 4

Today I had no motivation to exercise. I thought about going to the gym, but Tripp wasn't home to stay with Emily and even though there is childcare at the gym, Emily doesn't like going. But I was trying to motivate myself to do something.

How was I motivating myself, you may wonder? By baking (and eating) chocolate chip pumpkin muffins, drinking coffee and checking email/FB. Yeah, I need help. Then my phone rang and it was my neighbor, Faith. She asked if I wanted to run with her around the park in our neighborhood. There it was! The motivation I needed! So, with Emily in the jogging stroller and her son, Jacob on his scooter, we headed to the park. Jacob played at the park while Faith and I ran (with Emily in the stroller, it is HARD WORD!). We did 3.2 miles in 28 minutes (or so, I forgot to stop my watch right away).

So today, I'm thankful for my sweet neighbor, Faith who motivated me out of the house, to run, and enjoy this gorgeous (albeit warm) day!

Please keep Faith and her family in your prayers as they have to find a new place to live by mid-December. I am so sad that they have to move, not only do our kids love to play together, I will miss having Faith as a neighbor.

Here is the only picture I have of Faith, she is on the left in the pink top

1 comment:

Eryn said...

way to go amy! I need to get my rear out there this week too. I've only gotten one run in this week! ouch.