Casey with a "Cars" sticker book
Here is Ryan looking at his animal sticker book
Emily is checking out her kitty cat card with the lip shaped candy
My sweet husband, though he had to work on V-Day, came home with these beautiful pink roses. He gave 4 roses to each of our kids to hand me then gave me a card that said something about wishing they could give me a flower for all the things I do for them. Very sweet. Aren't they gorgeous?
My 19 year old step-sister was visiting us this weekend and offered to babysit the kids so Tripp and I could go out on a date! Score! Here she is having smoothies with the boys.
Here we are getting ready to leave for our date. I'm not digging my hair in hindsight, but I felt like it looked o.k. when I left!
We had a giftcard from my dad and step-mom to go to P.F. Chang's. We had a fantastic night!
There's not much to update with our building progress. They are finished with the block work, as you can tell by these pictures.
The problem now is that though the trusses (the triangular shaped wood structures that support the roof) were ordered as specified by the plans, they are not actually the right size. Once Tripp got one up on the roof, he saw that there is a 3" difference when it's supposed to be flush with the existing roof line. Crap. So, he's talking to Home Depot (where the trusses were ordered from) and they are trying to work with him and have the trusses fixed rather than purchase new ones. So that's all I know for now. I have to tread lightly sometimes, when trying to gather info from my husband about the progress. If I ask him when he frustrated and annoyed, I get nothing! So sometimes I just listen to his coversations with other guys to figure out what's going on!
6 comments:
The kids are so cute! Love the roses....and wahoo on the date!
As for the info.....just continue to listen in on his conversations :-) Works every time!
you look hot, amy! cute dress!
You look beautiful!!!
Loved the pics of the kids!
Amy, you look great! I bet your date was fun and I'm sure the kids loved their Valentine's Day. Cute pics!
Looks like you had a very nice Valentine's Day! The roses are gorgeous! =D
Good luck with the trusses. What a pain!
You look smokin hot! You Arizonia girl you!
Sound like you had a great Valentines!
Post a Comment