Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things

1. I have a tattoo of a frog in a discreet place (it shows when I wear a bathing suit, though)

2. I recently found out who my biological father really is, I thought he was someone else all my life.

3. The man I call "Dad" is technically my step-dad, but adopted me after he married my mom when I was very young. I love that he chose to be my father.

4. I was voted "Biggest Yuppie" of my senior class.

5. I had my first job when I was 14, not because I had to, I just wanted to! I had to get a work-permit to make it legal. I worked at a frozen yogurt shop, but not for long. My boss was a creepy old man.

6. In high school, I was a "Youth Educator". We would go into the 8th grade classes and talk to them about saying no to drugs and alcohol and how to stand up to peer pressure. When Youth Educators came to talk to my 8th grade class, I thought they were so cool! I couldn't wait to be one! I'm not sure my 8th graders thought I was all that cool, though.

7. I already had my dress purchased and a down payment on our wedding site before the ring was on my finger. Tripp refused to put it on my finger until it was paid for so he had it on lay-away for a long time.

9. When we were first married, Tripp and I were a "CARES" team at an apartment complex we lived in. Click
here to find out what that is. We only did it for a little over 7 months though. Then we moved to Washington because Tripp was transferred (voluntarily) to Portland with Southwest Airlines.

10. I grew up as an only child, but now have a step-sister and 2 half siblings.

11. I love sign language. I discovered it spring semester of my senior year at NAU. I was all registered at Phoenix College to continue my education and get an interpreter's certificate, but then we had to move (see #9!). I briefly looked into pursuing sign language in Washington, but then I became a mommy. Now, almost 7 years later... Maybe I'll go back to school after Emily is in grade school...

12. I've always wanted to go to Australia since I had a penpal from there in the 5th grade. But now, I'm thinking there are far more interesting places I'd rather visit.

13. I'm addicted to coupon shopping. Yep, I'm the annoying lady in front of you at the grocery store with 23 coupons that sometimes requires the checker to call a manager because one of the coupons isn't scanning correctly. Sorry, it's all in the name of saving money, people!

14. I tan really easily. People never believed me when I'd tell them that I was half Irish! But now, I know that's not true (see #2)!

15. I hate my nose.

16. I never wore braces on my teeth but they are very straight.

17. I love Jazzercise!

18. My husband thinks I spend too much time doing these time wasting things on the internet!

19. I procrastinate.

20. I loved being pregnant (for the most part) and I love talking about being pregnant and having babies!

21. I've been to Kauaii twice.

22. I've been to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico more times than I can remember.

23. I went to Copenhagen, Denmark on a mission trip right after I graduated from college.

24. I lived in the same house in Walnut Creek, CA from the age of 1 1/2 to 18 when I went away to college.

25. I love ice cream.

Wow, can you tell I started running out of interesting things to say about myself about half way through this? Maybe I'll think of more interesting facts and change some of my answers... For now, that's my 25! Tag, you're it!

3 comments:

Dee said...

Darn it! I've been tagged so many times. I guess I'm going to have to choke up the time to do it.

I love your nose!

How ya feeling about the dad thing? Send me a personal email.

I loved all that you shared. Espeically the ring needing to be paid for. How awesome is that.

I secretly want to be a 23 coupon redeeming lady but just can't bring myself to it yet. Not sure why.

Audrey said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm with Dee, how are you feeling about the dad thing? That is a crazy thing to find out...

All your facts were great!

Vee Vignettes said...

Were you voted Biggest Yuppie since you drove a BMW? HA!