Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Long weekend visit with friends - Part I

I thought I'd share this in parts because because their visit was so special and we had so much fun and took so many pictures.

We picked them up late on Thursday night. It was a long day, knowing that they would be here soon and anticipating their arrival all day long. Ryan was so excited that he had a hard time falling asleep. Our wonderful neighbor (isn't it just a gift from God to have great neighbors?) came and stayed with the kids while Tripp and I drove to the airport (we had to take 2 cars to pick them up because there are 7 of them). So finally, sometime around 10:30pm, I finally got to see our friends who I haven't seen in 6 long months (Tripp had recently been up in Washington doing some work on a friends house so he'd seen them much more recently than me). The best part was a hug from the best hugger in the whole world! Seriously, people should take hugging lessons from Mere. She just squeezes with no inhibition! Of course if you are like Ryan and have a personal space bubble, then you may not appreciate her hugs like I do. But her hugs really say a lot and make you feel special. Anyway, let me get off the rabbit trail and back to the visit!

When we got back to our house it was after 11pm. They got their kids to bed and then we stayed up until after 1am just chatting. It didn't matter that we were all exhausted and that the kids were still going up in about 6 hours. It was just good to be in the presence of good friends.

The next morning, Cory and Tripp stayed home and swam with the boys (yes, in Arizona we can still swim in October!). While Mere and I and our girls went to Kohl's (I was in need of a new purse). Here is a picture of our girls:Ella is almost 4 and she would really like to play with Emily, but Emily isn't there yet. I tell her to give Em another year or 2. So shopping with my friend and our daughters is a life long dream of mine. But it will be a really long time before it will actually be fun for all 4 of us! On this trip, Ella did great, but she was anxious to get home and swim. And Emily was getting bored and restless in her stroller while I tried out dozens of purses, searching for the right one.

We came back to our house and changed into swim suits. We stayed by the pool all day! Did you know that people from Washington who haven't consistenly seen the sun in over a month can still get sunburned in Arizona in October? Well, it can happen! Mere got a little pink, but nothing serious. Here are some pictures of our day by the pool:













I love this last picture of Tripp throwing Ryan in the pool, it looks like he's in the movie "Matrix"!





There's nothing better than relaxing by the pool with good friends (except for when someone else is watching your kids and you don't have to be responible for their safety so you can nap intermitenly).




After a long day in the sun, we had a yummy dinner (enchilada casserole, your favorite, Dad!). Then we put a movie on for the kids to wind them down for bed.

The babies just roamed and by the way, this is the closest that Emily let Uncle Cory get to her the whole time!






After the kids were in bed, Cory and Tripp played their favorite game, Cribbage while Mere and I played Guitar Hero on the Wii. Tripp and Cory have a history of not wanting to pose and smile for pictures, so here is a series of pictures I took:
It was a good day!

1 comment:

Julie D. said...

hi amy! welcome to the blog world. My blog is pvt...so i just sent you an invite...i don't think you were on the list.

What a great post and such a blessing to have such awesome friends!! What a great time!!