Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Good Man


This is a picture of me and a man that I am blessed to call my husband (just picture him without hair because he now shaves his head). He is a good man. There aren't too many of those out there. I'm thankful that God designed us for one another and that in His infinite wisdom, led our paths to cross at Northern Arizona University. Tripp is a good man. He isn't perfect (the only perfect man in my life is Jesus!). Not only is he a sexy firefighter, he is an outstanding father, an unconditionally loving husband and follower of Jesus. Total package, ladies. I'm going to be, in the words of my dear friend Mere at Therapeutic Ramblings, "authentic" for a moment and tell you that I am not a very good housewife. I do not like to clean. I don't enjoy doing the dishes, vacuuming, dusting, bathrooms. You name it. The only thing I manage to stay on top of is laundry. I can always find something more important to do. If Tripp lived alone, his house would be very tidy. Though his mother finds this amusing because his room was always a mess as a kid, he's grown up into a tidy person. What is amazing about Tripp is that he's super easy going and isn't riled up by much. So the house is a mess most of the time but he doesn't nag me about it. He just helps me clean up. Yesterday I was at Bible study until noon then came home and fixed lunch for everyone. Then I sat down to eat my own lunch. Without saying a word, Tripp turns on the water and begins to do the dishes piled in the sink. As much as I protest, because it makes me feel extremely guilty, he just continues to do it. He doesn't say anything like, "well, if I don't do it, it'll never get done!" He doesn't look at me with any accusing stares. He just calmly does the dishes, runs the dishwasher then moves on to another chore. Then, an hour later when the dishes were clean, he put them away! Now part of the reason I feel so guilty is because being the new guy at the fire station means he gets to do a lot of extra work there. Mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, doing dishes. So I feel bad that he then has to come home and do more of that stuff because I haven't gotten to it yet. I know, you're all thinking "she needs some therapy to deal with her guilt issues". Yeah, yeah, it's on my list. Anyway, I just want to throw it out there that I have a good man. I love you, Tripp. I appreciate you. You are wonderful. You deserve to come home to a clean house (well at least a tidied up house!).

2 comments:

Dee said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Eryn said...

I tagged you, see my blog! :)


ps, matt is the exact same way. i told him tonight how happy it makes me when he does the dishes. I don't expect him to do it, but LOVE it when he does!