Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Birthday, Tripp


Today is my handsome husband's 34th birthday. He is the most selfless man I've ever known. We are in Washington, where we used to live. We came as a family with Tripp. He came to continue working on remodeling the basement of some friends he used to work with here. Today is his birthday and he is working, not at his regular job as a firefighter, but to finish a side job. He is a great provider.


For me, my birthday is all about me and there's no way I would have planned to be doing a side job on my birthday! I celebrate my birthday all month long :-). But not my husband. He is very selfless.


He's had a pretty crumby day today. Things aren't going well at his friends' house. Some pipes in their ceiling are leaking and instead of finishing up the basement, he has had to spend 5 plus hours fixing the leaks so the people could have running water in their house tonight. Another crumby thing about today being Tripp's birthday is that it is also the one year anniversary that his best friend, Cory's dad went to heaven to be with Jesus. How do you celebrate your birthday when your best friend is grieving the loss of his dad? You don't. To Tripp, it's just another day. He could not care less that today is his birthday. He is more concerned with how his friend is doing and how he can comfort him today.


My husband is amazing. He teaches me how to be a more selfless person just by his actions. I love him. I thank God that in His infinite wisdom, crossed our paths in Northern Arizona almost 12 years ago.


Happy Birthday, my sweet husband. I love you more than you know.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Your man and my man are a lot a like. That sounds like how Alex would spend his birthday.

Not me, you know me, birthday month city all the way baby!

Happy Birthday, Tripp!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Tripp. It was great spending some time with you. Have a very Merry and warm Christmas, I'm already freezing my...off.