Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ahh! Christmas is almost here?!

This morning the kids put up another ornament on our advent calendar and it was then that I realized there were just 2 weeks until Christmas. Crap! I know, I shouldn't say "crap" in the same sentence as "Christmas", that's why I put a period and made the "crap" it's own sentence.
Anyway, the anxiety I feel as Christmas looms ever closer is that I still have sooo much to get done before we celebrate the birthday of our Dear Lord. We just got our tree up yesterday and my WONDERFUL mother-in-law decorated it for me while she babysat the kids. Tripp and I went to a Christmas party. Doesn't it look so pretty?I didn't put up a tree last year because we were living with my in-laws. So the last time we had a tree we were still living in Vancouver. I love all the ornaments on our tree. A lot of them are from when I was growing up. My mom gave me a huge box of our family ornaments several years ago. There's also ornaments we've added since beginning our family 8 1/2 years ago. I just love to look at it. It makes me happy.
A couple of years ago, my dad and stepmom gave us a train to put around our tree. This is something Tripp wanted so bad when he was a little boy. It was so sweet to watch him and Casey put it together and then watch it go around the tree.
I still have some decorations to put up around the house. They are currently piled on my dining room table.I have a pile of our family Christmas pictures that I need to send off, first I need to write our Christmas letter to stick in with the picture. And, I should've ordered more pictures. I only got 30 and after going through my address book I realized it wasn't enough. Dang it.

Something else I still need to do is finish the calendar I make every year as Christmas presents. I fear that it's already too late to have them here by Christmas. I'm hoping that since I'm doing it through Costco, I can just pick it up, rather than wait on having it shipped.

My list of things to do goes on, but they aren't related to Christmas, so I'll spare you. I feel overwhelmed thinking about it. Thank goodness for blog-venting! But really, I should stop blogging and get some things done! It's just kinda hard with a clingy 17 month old who is currently sitting in my lap as I type this. I have to hit backspace every so often because she slaps the keyboard!
Is anyone else feeling the pressure like me?

1 comment:

Dee said...

Autumn asked me just today, "How many more minutes til Christmas." Loved it since it's eight days til then. Wasn't sure how to calculate that right off the top of head.