The whole summer went by without a single blog post aside from remembering my mom 4 years after she went to be with Jesus. The weeks and months passed and it got a lot easier to just read other people's blogs rather than take the time to keep up with my own. But I'm tired of my last post being from June so now I will play catch up! So bear with me as I re-cap with lots of photos and stories from our summer!
We started our summer off like most Phoenicians with young kids do
Swim lessons! The boys are great swimmers, but Emily was still relying on her arm floaties from last summer. I decided to join my good friend Pam and her daughter Vera for lessons with Living Water Saves. It is like a survival type swim lesson. It was for a couple weeks and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone here in the Phoenix area! Emily did not enjoy lessons, but she was swimming like a fish by the end of two weeks. We would be driving into the neighborhood of the swim lessons and she would begin to cry because she didn't want to go. They pushed her because they knew what she was capable of.

She tended to only swim with her right arm, leaving her left one trailing behind her. So her instructor would have her swim while holding a ball in her strong arm so she would use her trailing arm.

He is telling her that he wants her to swim the length of the pool. He wanted her to learn to come up for air. So he's explaining this to her.
You can tell by the look on her face that she isn't very excited about this challenge!
But she did it!






No comments:
Post a Comment