Mimi and her boys
Mom and Casey October 2005
Mom and Ryan June 2003
Today is the 4 year anniversary of my mom's 1st day in heaven. I was awake for 2 hours before I realized that this was the day. In years past, it's been the first thing on my mind when my eyes pop open in the morning.
I guess time does heal.
I still miss her and I can't comprehend how it's only been 4 years. It feels like a lifetime. I guess because so much in my life has changed since then.
Emily just woke up. She came out of her room carrying her blankie that she loves, the one that her "Mimi" made for her. Emily never got to meet her Mimi, she passed away 4 weeks before Emily was born. But she knew she was going to have a granddaughter and made her a blankie, just like she did for her 2 grandsons.
Today I will keep busy. In an hour my friend is dropping off her 4 kids (ages 8 to 8 months old) so that they can load up their moving truck. I will have my hands full for a couple hours with them. Then I will make a grocery list and pack for my scrapbook weekend up at the cabin. I wish I could get a pedicure, in memory of my mom. The last time she came to visit, we celebrated a belated Mother's Day by getting pedis together. But honestly, my feet are pretty embarrassing right now. I have some nasty callouses and dry heals from running. I'd feel bad for the poor soul who'd have to work on my feet!
So this blog post will be my way to honor her memory. She was a vibrant woman, full of life and energy! She was always so positive and saw things on the bright side. I never thought much of it before when people would say that I look like my mom or I remind them of my mom. But in the past 4 years whenever someone says that, I treasure it. I'm filled with joy because she is with her Savior now. That gives me hope and peace. I love you mom.
This is my mom with one of her dearest friends Cathy, who I know misses her as much as I do
5 comments:
Thinking of you Amy! I can't believe it has been four years...love the photos of your mom. She was a lovely lady.
Aaaaah, got me teary eyed. It's such a bitter sweet when someone you love dearly goes to heaven. I can so relate to your heart in missing your momma. Love ya friend.
Your mom was such a pretty lady. I'm so sorry she's not here with you, but I rejoice that you'll see her in Heaven.
What great pictures. What wonderful memories with her. I'm sorry she's not with you and your kids today, but soon, we will all get to hang out together!
What great pictures. What wonderful memories with her. I'm sorry she's not with you and your kids today, but soon, we will all get to hang out together!
Post a Comment