Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A lesson learned the hard way (TMI warning)

Now that the weather has cooled off a bit, I'm able to run more and it's been glorious! Usually I am under a time constraint because I go in the morning before Tripp leaves for work. But today, Tripp is off and was able to get outside and run and not have to be home by any certain time, it was heavenly! Well...the first mile was. **Here's my warning, the following may be "TMI" for some folks so proceed with caution.** Then, I felt it. At first I thought it was just my running pants riding up my rear. But once I did the covert removal of running pants from my rear, the feeling was still there. I had to go number 2. Now this has happened before on a run, but typically it goes away and I don't notice it after a while. But this time it WAS NOT going away. I was right behind a Walmart and if I didn't have the dog with me, I would've run in and used the restroom. But that was not an option. The only thing I could do was turn around and head home. So 1.10 miles into my beautiful, fall day, outdoor run, I had to stop running and walk, turn around and head home. But I refused to be defeated! I took care of my business, left the dog at home and headed back out! My training said 3 miles but since I missed Tuesday's run and was under no time constraints, I decided to just go as far as I felt like going, which ended up being 5.45 miles in 52 minutes. It felt amazing! So the lesson here is to always use the bathroom before a run and do your best to get it all out before heading out the door! Lesson learned!

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

That's not TMI for runners :) This has actually been one of my biggest running issues! (That may be TMI). So many, many times I've found myself 2 miles from home and needing to go. NOW!. Hobbling bak to my car. Running making it worse but needing to get there - almost in tears. Seriously so FRUSTRATING!!!! That's the only good thing about the treadmill. I'm already home :)