Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Random

Kids have such random conversations. I'm in the office and the boys are in the living room and I hear this:

Ryan: I'm just sad because Jillian's mom died (this truly was a tragedy that we faced back in May. Jillian is one of Ryan's classmates and her mom had a massive stroke and went home to be with Jesus).

Casey: I'm glad our mom didn't die.

Ryan: Yeah, cuz I'd be really sad.

Then Casey all of a sudden changes the subject to when he had to get stitches back in April!

Casey: I missed you when I had to get stitches.

Ryan: You did? Cuz I was in school?

Casey: It doesn't feel good to get hit in the head with a metal bat [the reason for the stitches]

Ryan: I bet! Casey, can you hand me the red Lego?

Kids are just so matter of fact. I'm in here listening to them talk about poor Jillian, almost in tears as I hear them because of how sad that was and then all of a sudden Casey is on a totally different subject and Ryan is asking for Legos! Sometimes I wish I could be more kid-like. Life's tough issues are so much simpler in their eyes.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Your last statement is so true. Cute conversation and poor Jillian! How sad about her mom, wow.

Dee said...

what a delight!