Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Saturday, July 18, 2009

So Pretty!

Today Tripp left for Portland to finish up the unfinished basement of some friends. He started this project probably a year ago. I think this is the last time he'll need to go. But he'll be gone for 5 days so I'm trying to come up with some fun things to do with the kids while he's gone. It's been REALLY hot here. About 115 today and tomorrow. So we don't like to go to too many places except the backyard to swim. I like to run errands in the morning because when you come back to your car it's only about 250 degrees rather than 350.

Anyway, it was Ryan's idea to pamper me this afternoon. He and Casey took turns doing my hair. Then I decided to let them have a go at making me up. What do you think?
Casey was in charge of blush and lipstick. Do you like the vampire-ish line going down my face? And I don't know if you can tell that there are massive amounts of blush all over my cheeks too!


Ryan was in charge of eyeshadow and he touched up my lipstick - it's a good thing, right?


It was Ryan's idea that I hold something pretty and pose with my hand up by my face like that. He even acted it out so I'd know what he wanted me to do.


Then it was time for a silly face!

Then it was Casey's turn to take some pictures


We tried to take one with Lucy, but she got cut out of the picture

We had a lot of fun! Ryan says we should do this more often. He suggested maybe next time we could do it to Daddy! Well, minus the hair clips. I highly reccomend this activity to beat the heat and summer boredom!

9 comments:

Audrey said...

laughing out loud! what a great mom you are to let your kids do that for you. very sweet of them.

happy belated birthday! i love that tripp took you for a pedicure and got one, too, and yes, you are very golden tan. nice!

Julie D. said...

LOVE it! their wives are going to be lucky gals.

Kelli said...

What a sweet mom you are. Me next? I wish I could come and hang with you. It's been pretty cool here, in the 70's. Very strange for this time of year.

The Bentley's said...

You're looking good! I love that they had so much fun doing that! You are such a good mom!

Susan Sellers said...

Beautiful Mommy and kids...hey the flowers still look good too. Did you get my email about the week? Sounds like Tripp's trip will make it hard to get together...let me know...love you, cutie!

Dee said...

How fun are you! I bet your kids just loved it!

Vee Vignettes said...

Uh, yeah, Tripp does get hair clips too. It's part of the whole experience, right? Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Brooke Zimmermann said...

Isn't it funny they love that purple eye shadow! I have a few pics like that too.

Megan said...

*snort. snicker* OMGosh! I'm laughing so hard. This is HILARIOUS!!

I remember my step-mom letting my sister and me do this to her when we were little, too.

So stinkin funny! I think you should go out like that on your next date night. ;0)