Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Scrappin' We Will Go!

Tomorrow afternoon, around 1:00, I'm outa here! For 2 and a half days and 3 nights, I will be scrapbooking in Scottsdale, at a hotel suite with Tripp's mom and sister and their friend. The 4 of us will be holed up, scrapping to our hearts content. No children to interupt, no husbands to ask when dinner will be ready. Just scrapbooking (and hairbraiding, my husband is sure we sit around and braid hair too). My MIL and SIL have been doing this for the past several years, every July. I've never been able to join them. This year, my MIL is making it my birthday present. Isn't she the best?

My birthday is July 15th (in case you all want to send me a birthday card!!) and it used to be a month long celebration. But now that I'm a mom and I share my birth month with my daughter, I'm lucky to make it a week long celebration! Aren't I a brat? Seriously, though. The "only child" in me really comes out around my birthday. My mom always made a big deal about my birthday. Once I was grown and out of the house, she always had to be the first one to call and wish me a happy birthday. So happy early birthday to me!

5 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Happy Birthday! That is an awesome gift! Hope you have a great time and get lots done!

Trish said...

Happy Birth Month!!!!!!!

Hope you are having a fantastic time scrapbooking.

I just went through and got caught up on your blog, and am still laughing about Em's poop mess. You should have known better.
tehehe!

Dee said...

So jealous and so happy for you all at the same time!

Kelli said...

Wow, I want to be there next July. That sounds like the best time EVER! Yes, I would love to send you a card (now I'm freaking out because I only have two days!). If you're comfy email me your info.

Megan said...

Sounds like a fun little getaway!! =)