Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mama's Losin' It!

This is the title of a blog I've read before and it's just fitting for how I'm feeling lately! I don't even have time to be sitting here venting, but I must, or I may implode.

I love being a mom. I love being a stay at home mom. I just don't think I do it very well! I'm drowning in a never ending list of things to do: papers to fill out and return that come hom in my kids' bags, a sea of laundry growing by the hour on my sofa, a floor that desperately needs to be mopped, a bathroom that looks like a science project (according to my husband!), t-ball practice, baseball practice, homework, dinner, my Hallmark job (that is about to get really busy for the Holiday season), a Bible study that I'm supposed to work on daily but have only sat down with it once this week.

Okay, I vented. Now I must start digging my way out of all my "to-do's". If anyone feels like they have it together and can offer me some advice or fantastic organizational tips, please pass it along!

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Yes! We all feel like that!

Since you asked for practical things...

A cleaning system. Organized into things that need to be done weekly, twice a month ect. Try setting the timer and cleaning for 15 minutes. You'd be amazed how far you can get on that science project in that short amount of time.

As for the laudry, I know my system of doing it ALL on Monday doesn't work for many. How about one persons a day? I know people who like that.

Now, please don't come look at my house anytime soon. You may see that I don't always practice what I preach :)

Brooke Zimmermann said...

No advice! Just a little bit of encouragment. It only takes one day of resting to get behind on the laundry, the floors, and the bathrooms. I could cook clean and wash clothes all day, everyday. But at the end of the day your children love that you were at home with them, your husband is thankful for a joyful wife, not a clean one:) And I'm the worst at this, but I go crazy less, when I do my bible study homework first. LOL! I haven't even touched mine this week. Its a big hard job we do each day. I'll be praying for your superhuman strength can you pray for mine?