Most of the time, I find myself crying out to God for major things. I forget that He cares about the little things too.
I struggle with staying within my grocery budget. Nine times out of ten I go over by about $30 to $50. I would really like to try the "envelope system" for non-bill expenses but Tripp doesn't think that I can stick with it. So this month I really wanted to show him that I could do it. That I could stick to my budget. But on October 20th when I sat down to figure out how much I had left to spend for the month, I was shocked to realize that I only had $38 to work with. But, I gave it over to the Lord and asked Him to show me what to do with that $38. I discovered that I had a Fry's giftcard in my wallet, but I thought it only had $10 or $15 on it. I looked it up online, entered my giftcard number and do you know how much I had on there? $100!!
God is so faithful.
When I went to the store, I was armed with my carefully planned out list and specific coupons. All the while, asking God to help me as I shopped, guide me, help me to not be impulsive. I had thrown 2 bags of candy into my cart because I had a coupon that made them a good deal. As I was unloading my stuff onto the conveyer belt, I picked up the candy and realized that I needed to put it back. So I did. Once I had given my club card and my coupons to the checker, do you know what my total was? $100.15.
God is so faithful.
Whenever I give it over to Him, he is so faithful to take care of things for me. Why don't I do that all the time? He cares about every little detail of my life. Things don't always go the way I want them to, but in the end, I usually can see that God had a better plan than the one I wanted.
So, all this to say, give everything to God. Everything. He can handle it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
He sure can! And I love the new background!
Love the post! And you (and God) can do the budget Amy! I know you can together!!!!
Groceries is my worst in over spending too!
I needed this today. It is so true and something I need to work on. Good for you for being a good example.
What a cool confirmation of your obedience to the Lord and your husband!
I've found a great idea for an envelope-like system that I'll share with you. I keep index cards in my wallet: one labeled grocery, one dining out, one clothing, and one miscellaneous. Every time I spend money I write it on the appropriate index card so I have a running tally of what I'm spending.
It's a lot safer for me than using a true envelope system, but it still gives me a great way of keeping track of what I'm spending BEFORE I go over budget. Just something that works for me so maybe it will work for you too! Keep up the good work, sister!
Post a Comment