Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BFFs

I love these ladies! We all met last school year as each of us had a child in the same afternoon kindergarten class. We just got to know each other by chatting during drop off and pick up (one of the only benefits to not having a "drive-thru drop off" at our kindergarten class is getting to know the other moms!). They are, from left to right: Jenna who has a daughter named Reagan; Jessica who has a daughter named Samantha; Tonya who has a daughter name Savannah and then me, who has a son. I'm the odd ball :-) But our kids still play amazingly well together. What's also really cool is that all 4 of us have younger sons who play well together! All our little boys are between the ages of 3 and 4, but again, I'm the odd ball because I'm the only one with a 3rd child :-). All summer we fostered our friendship and got together to swim and hang out. This school year, we have committed to getting together 3 times a week and doing the P90X workout DVDs. I'm telling you, I could not do this on my own. I'd rather stick sharp objects in my eyes than workout to a DVD. But doing it with Jenna, Jessica and Tonya makes it fun and we forget our pain :-) Today, we celebrated Jessica's (undisclosed age) birthday! We got all gussied up and headed to Pei Wei for lunch, but first had to stop over and see the sale rack at White House/Black Market! I found a super cute top for $9.99! After lunch we headed next door to Coldstone for some ice cream. It sounds like I'm describing the perfect way to celebrate my own birthday - bargain shopping, chinese food and ice cream! We just had a great time and laughed a lot. And I have to give my amazing husband props here. Are you ready for this? He willingly agreed to watch all of our little boys - Four 3 & 4 year olds, in the pool, no less! Thanks, Honey. You are the best! Anyway, I'm just very thankful for my friendship with these great gals.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Can I come next time? I love Pei Wei, my mom and I go there often. I'm so excited that you found some good friends to hang with. I am still trying to feel my way through Jamison's class.

Lee Ann said...

That's awesome Amy! I'm so glad the Lord has blessed you with such great women....and a great husband!

Hope said...

I feel very blessed to be a 1/4 of the BFF club. Right now we are getting in shape together, but I think the best part is going to be growing old and going crazy together. I cannot wait to see our picture when we are 60. Closer for some than others:)