Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Training run #2

I'm really excited to have a race to be training for! I forgot how nice it is to have a goal and a reason to get up and go for a run.

Today was a supposed to be a nice easy 5 mile run at a 10:51 pace but turned into a 6 mile run at a 10:20 pace. I met up with my running buddy, Kelly who is the reason I am running this half in January. We both have dogs who like to join us on our runs but my dog is a brat and cannot handle running with another dog. We met up at our usual junction but Lucy was being such a stinker. Kelly headed on up ahead of me so that Lucy would relax a bit. We went on like this for about 3 miles until we met up at my house so I could drop Lucy off.

Kelly and I ran a couple more miles together and then parted ways.

I felt so good during this run! I love "easy pace" runs. I love that I could run 6 miles and feel great at the end of it!

No comments: