Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Friday, January 14, 2011

Ahh-Chooo!!

I am sick and tired of doing this:

sneeze

Seriously, everything here is dead so I don't quite understand why I keep sneezing and have had some kind of congestion for the a month now. Maybe the Lord is trying to help me have more compassion on our sweet son who suffers from allergies! Who, by the way, has begun receiving allergy shots. I sure hope that this helps him. Feeling like this is the pits! I can't imagine feeling this way all the time.

Tripp and I are running our half marathon on February 20th. We are doing the Lost Dutchman Half. I ran the Girlfriends' Half back in October in 2 hours 5 minutes and Tripp thinks we can improve that time. Easy for him to say. He is comfortable at a 7:30 to 8:00 mile pace! Yesterday I did some speed-work and it killed me to run one of my miles at a 8:40 pace! My training for this half has not been as dedicated as it was for the Girlfriends'. Tripp says he will run at my pace so we will actually do it together and for that, I am so excited!

Training this past month has been tough because of how congested I've been. So I don't have high hopes of improving my time with this half. But it will still be an adventure! Hopefully we don't come in last!

I've been posting my runs on the Daily Mile widget on my sidebar. I really want to keep track of how many miles I run this year so that I can possibly make this my goal for 2012.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am feeling so congested today it's ridiculous.

I hope your training is going well. Stay positive and breaking 2:05 will be much easier!