Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Monday, January 24, 2011

Afraid

The half marathon that Tripp and I are running is just 3 weeks away.

Here's a little glimpse inside my head (WARNING, it's scary in there!).

I am not a competitive person, except for with myself. Does that make sense? I am no where near where I was in my training when I ran my last half in October. I am already telling myself that I cannot expect to run this one as fast as I ran the last one (averaged a 9:35 pace). I'm just not ready. But, because I've already run a half, I feel like I should improve my time with the next, and so on and so forth.

So a thought occurred to me: I wonder if we can just switch to a different category for this race. They are also doing a 10K - I've never raced a 10K before so I could run that and not worry about my time since I've never run one before! I know, I'm messed up. But Tripp said not to worry, lets just go out there and have fun. Even though he can easily run faster than me, he wants me to set the pace and we will just go. Who cares if we have to stop and walk? (Well, I do, but I'm working on it!) Then my friend Mere told me about a blog she read where the gal was not able to race her best for the Disney World Half because of some situations that occurred the week before. So she just had fun and took pictures and enjoyed the sights as she ran. It wasn't her best time but she had so much fun! So that is what I'm going to do. Get myself in that mindset, maybe even run with our camera or my phone so we can take pics along the way!


No comments: