Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Nice Little Vay-Cay

I wish I had pictures to post with this, but alas, I held true to my reputation of forgetting important things when I travel.

This time I packed my camera but left the battery charging in the wall at home.

And after we were dropped off at the airport, we went to enjoy a nice dinner at Chile's and I was drooling over this margarita. When the waiter kindly asked for my i.d. (no, I don't look under 21, they just have to card you no matter what), I reached into my purse for my wallet and realized that I had forgotten my wallet. Seriously.

So when I stopped freaking out, Tripp suggested I run over to security and find out what the process was to get through without i.d. I literally had NOTHING with my name on it with me. The nice TSA guy told me that I just needed to get in line with plenty of time before my flight because they have to make a phone call and it can take a while. So I went back and enjoyed my dinner (margarita-less). Then we headed back to security. Getting me through was actually a fairly simple procedure. Thankfully I have no criminal record, so that helped! The TSA guy calls Washington, DC. He asks me several questions (cell number, cell provider, name and birthdate of a relative with my same last name) and then sent me through. Whew!

I have to say, aside from me forgetting my i.d., I had forgotten how easy it is travel without kids!! The plane ride was so peaceful and relaxing!

Our stay in Vancouver, WA was so great. Tripp and I enjoyed our grown up time together. The weather was cool the first couple of days, but I didn't mind. I got to enjoy several runs outside (haven't "enjoyed" running outside in a couple months!). I even ran my farthest distance while we were there. Meredith and I ran with her friend and we went 7 miles! It felt so good! And the weather was nice and cloudy but not cold. It was perfect. I felt so accomplished when I was done. I struggle with side aches when I run and during the entire 7 miles, my side ache only bothered me the last quarter mile.

We stayed with our dear friends the McNairs on Saturday and Sunday night. Then headed over to our old neighbors (and also dear friends!) the Huntingtons for Monday and Tuesday. Then back to the McNairs for Wednesday night.

It was so good to see a lot of old friends at a 4th of July BBQ. It was so good to spend time with our close friends. It makes me miss them more. But you know when you are true friends when you can not have seen each other for over a year, but as soon as you do, it feels like no time has passed at all.

So now we are back in a place my sister in law has referred to as, "not hell, but you sure can feel it from here". It's just plain hot. Supposed to get up to 115 on Thursday and Friday. Thankfully, I will not be here to experience it! I am going 2 hours north to spend a long weekend scrapbooking at my in-law's cabin. I will also celebrate my 34th birthday the day we leave. What a great way to celebrate! I love scrapbooking and am so excited to escape the heat and do it all weekend long!!

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

Happy early Birthday! Glad you had such a good trip.

I went through security a couple of years ago, only to find out my license was expired :( Not fun, and traveling very prego and with a 2 year old in tow. Even funnier, Steve did it the very next month on a business trip - and then couldn't rent a car. Ahhhh, the joys of travel.

As for the side aches, I'm no runner, but I do know this. It usually has to do with irregular breathing messing up your diaphragm. Try breathing in when your left foot goes down, then out (quickly) when your left foot goes down. It really does help!

Congrats on your 7 miles! You girls are amazing!

Audrey said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a great time at the cabin. It was nice to see you on the 4th!