Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

7

7 years ago today, Ryan, this is what you looked like.


I can't believe that now you look like this:

Where has the time gone? Your dad pointed out to me that we have been changing diapers for 7 years now (since Emily is not yet potty trained!). Wow.

Every year, your dad and I become more and more proud of you. You have such a tender heart and you have an especially soft spot for me, which I pray will always be there! You are my protector whenever I'm being attacked by the "daddy monster"! You are very concerned when you think I am sad. You tell me to make sure I get to bed on time if you can tell that I am tired. You also have a tender spot for Jesus. You love your Savior and I can't wait for you to get to know Him better as you mature!

You are fun and you make us laugh! Music to my ears is to hear your authentic belly laugh. All I had to do tonight to get you to laugh that hard was tell you the story of how when you were a newborn baby, I lifted up your bottom to change your diaper and poop shot out of you like a rocket and hit everything in it's path until the closet door stopped it and it ran down to the floor. You were laughing so hard that tears came to your eyes! It's worth it, I'll talk about poop if I get to hear that sweet laugh :-)

I hope you had fun at your baseball themed birthday party.





I know you are glad you finally have a razor scooter!

Since we let you kids choose what you want for dinner on your birthday, you chose Red Lobster (we have Grandma and Grandpa to thank for your love of lobster!). You didn't have lobster this time (only when Grandpa springs for it!) but you had shrimp skewers - off of the adult menu, I might add!

Pommie and Granddad joined us and so did Nan

Our waiter brought you out a cookie sundae thing with a candle

Ryan, I pray that you continue to seek the Lord with all of your heart. He loves you so much and has a plan for your life! Seek Him in all that you do and every decision that you make, and He will make your paths straight. I love you, Buddy! Keep up the good work!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Happy birthday to Ryan! I'm excited to watch my boys grow up like that, too. He seems like such a sweet, kind boy!