Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Post Race Blues

I have the post race blues.

The half was 2 weeks ago.

I have not run since then (well, I ran a mile with my workout group, but that doesn't count).

I complained all through my training about how I just don't have time to train for a race - the only runs I got in were my long runs with Kelly on the weekends.

So I should be glad that the race is over and I "don't have to run" anymore. Because I "don't have time".

They are all excuses!

My problem is that I don't take the time. It's there, I just have to be creative about how to make it happen.

If my amazing friend Meredith (who's blog I would love to link you to, but she is now private) can train for a marathon when she has 5 kids, then I have no excuses.

I do like to run. I like how I feel during a run and especially after. I feel so strong and accomplished. Why am I not more passionate about it?

I'm just rambling. Perhaps it is because it is midnight and I drank about 3 glasses of iced tea so now I can't turn my brain off. Perhaps it is just a case of the post race blues...

Man, I need to go for a run

No comments: