Disneyland - December 2011

Disneyland - December 2011

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Two more long runs until the race...

I'm disappointed with myself that my training for this upcoming half has been so lacking. When I first decided to run the Dessert Classic Half Marathon with my friend, Kelly, I was excited to train for another half using my Garmin. I didn't have it for my first half. So I thought this time I will do some serious tempo runs and get in some speed work. But, alas, Life happens. I've been getting in my long runs with Kelly on the weekends but my mid-week runs have been non-existent.

The race is in 3 weeks. I haven't even registered yet. I'm tempted to not. But I'm still gonna do it! It may not be my fastest half marathon but I have more in me and soon, this season of life will be different. Soon all the kids will be in school or they'll be old enough to stay home alone while I go for a run.

So, on to my latest long run which happened yesterday. It was a wonderful run! I SO enjoy my long runs with Kelly. She makes the time pass so quickly! I made her try out a couple different mid-run energy boosters. We had Power Bar Energy Blasts and Clif Bar Shot Blocks. I liked the Power Bar ones, she liked the Shot Blocks better.

Our goal was 9 miles but I was pressed for time and stopped at 8.2 but definitely had 9 miles in me. Next weekend is 10 miles! I'm kind of excited about it! Praying that my mid-week runs will happen this week! They will include a 3 mile easy run, a 4 mile speed work run and a 3 mile easy run.

Here is what miles looked like:
9:30
10:01
10:13
10:36
10:33
10:29
10:21
10:12
9:48

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

You'll be fine Amy! I totally hear ya though. That's exactly how the training for my half went. Long runs with none in between :) Crazy. Can't wait to hear how it goes!